Trump itching to fire the fed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cuddles, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Cuddles

Cuddles

#131     Jul 31, 2019
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

"I made him"
    "have the right to demote him, the right to fire him"

#132     Aug 1, 2019
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Such lunacy. This is my single biggest issue with Trump and why I'm praying for a decent, moderately sane democrat to run against him.

#133     Aug 2, 2019
    RedDuke likes this.
  4. Even the "best" of DemoCraps is still a DemoCrap. Next time they get in power will be the death knell of America.

Trump presidency has induced them to fully reveal their hand. Don't want no part of that!

:(

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    #134     Aug 2, 2019
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Me too, as much as I despise Trump, I do not think I can cast a vote for lunatic should he/she be nominated. Too bad Pete Buttigieg is gay and stand no chance. He would have been excellent candidate.

#135     Aug 2, 2019
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

As a Libertarian, I tend to find myself aligned somewhat with liberals when they focus on what they originally stood for - freedoms of the individual. Today's liberals aren't liberal at all for the most part. They're more concerned with telling people what they should think, what they should pay for, what they shouldn't be allowed to say or do. That isn't liberal. That's fascist. Dictatorial. Some on the conservative side also ascribe to more restrictive laws and government telling me what I can and cannot think.

We should all be focusing on principles and ideals, and holding to them even when the party we tend to support doesn't follow those principles. That is when we should call out our own party - especially when we should. But people are too concerned with teams and trying to make the other team bad, or criminal when democrats and republicans are two sides of the same ugly coin. And I'm guilty as well of doing it sometimes. I just try to catch myself and focus on the issue and not the person behind the issue.

There are a few people on both sides of the aisle - on this very forum - who think like that. And then there's everyone else. Hatfield and McCoys until the end.

#136     Aug 2, 2019
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I actually like Gabbard. I don't like everything she stands for, but I do like a lot of what she says, and how she handles herself.

We're never going to like a candidate 100%. It's all about compromises. Something many of us have long forgotten.

#137     Aug 2, 2019
  8. Kind of guilty about that myself. But the Hatfields/McCoys thingy was over a stolen pig. I believe I'm being righteous about hating the Left as they're all about DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY! Bad as Trump is, I don't have the sense he's about that!

#138     Aug 2, 2019
    birdman likes this.
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

But the left looks at folks on the right and says the exact same thing. Regardless of whether it is over a stolen pig or the fate of the country, attacking individuals isn't the right way to go about finding resolution, unless you want the resolution to be armed conflict. If you're already at that point, then no manner of discussion will ever work and you shouldn't be invited to the table for discussion if all you want is blood.

This is why I say focus on ideals and principles. As much as I know you hate Obama, there has to be one or two things he did that you support. Even the deranged Trump haters on this forum who seethe and demand the man be hanged every day - if they were honest to themselves and everyone else - could find one or two things Trump did that they supported. But they're too consumed with their hate and want blood. So they shouldn't be invited to the table, either.

#139     Aug 2, 2019
  10. Disagree. The Lefties hate Trump simply because he's Trump and not one of theirs. (Most probably wouldn't hate Trump if not for Lefty leaders preaching that they should... and like good little mindless sheeple, they go along.) I despise the Left because of their anti-America policies. Big difference.

#140     Aug 2, 2019
    birdman likes this.