Trump is bringing his message directly to the American people and Democrats are having a fit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    #21     Jan 9, 2019
  2. FOX News fact checked him and pointed out several lies and alternative facts....FOX NEWS.....I did not waste 10 minutes of my life on the speech but just saw Shepard's response and that was enough.

Apparently there are thousands of immigrants coming across the border to kill me. If this is the basis for a "crisis" how about we go after white men with guns who have killed way more people than immigrants.

#22     Jan 9, 2019
  3. Watching all the pitiful speeches and the pathetic responses from the talking heads one would think we're not serious about border security and/or illegal immigration reform. Imagine my surprise.

#23     Jan 9, 2019

4. That is the point of the GOP position, to make the Democrats look like they want an open border and let everyone in no matter what. This is mainly the Democrats fault because they simply oppose the Wall that Trump promised Mexico would pay for and never focus on their own plans for border security. They do support strong borders and controlled immigration as even stated by Schumer and Clinton in the past. They have put down in bills the need for more border patrol personnel as well as updated falling apart infrastructure and many of these issues were covered under previous Dem administrations/GOP Congresses with bi partisan support.

But the message is lost because Trump demands an ineffectual wall over claims he made that Mexico would pay for it and the sheeple bought it and the Dems will not let him get what he wants on a lie or ever give in to his rants.

If he just made a position of increasing border security in general, both sides would have agreed to several measures last year. Trump's biggest problem is the way he always comes across and how he lies about what he said or promised.

This is a typical pissing contest between two children.

#24     Jan 9, 2019
    piezoe likes this.
  5. I don't disagree entirely, Trump is not the master negotiator he claims to be. That said, I put 90% of this on Congress. They do nothing but use this as a campaign issue.

#25     Jan 9, 2019
  6. In my personal legal/biz background I found that a good negotiator cannot have any ego as the point is know what to concede on and what to stand firm on and also how to meet somewhere in the middle. I think it is safe to say Trump is too egotistical and arrogant to ever perform in that role. His success in business was built on people wanting to link to his brand so he rarely had to take a true negotiator's stance, he just bullied banks and businesses.

Does not work in government the same way because you are always sitting across the table from a bigger asshole than you could ever be. The only reason the government is shut down is because members of his base called him a pussy.

#26     Jan 9, 2019
    TJustice likes this.
  7. TJustice

TJustice

1. Wise words in that first section.

2. Imo I don't think it was because his base told him he was a pussy. (but it could be)

I think it is because he was rolled by the cronies and their lap dogs Ryan and McConnell and he realized he will have nothing for the base in 2020 save the Supreme Ct.

Seriously after seeing the mid terms... I think someone or the results smacked him in the head and told him .. ryan screwed the base but that was his job... and he will be rewarded bigly in the private sector. You got nothing from working with the establishment except impeachment. Wakeup... Bannon was your ticket. So now Trump has no choice but to be tough with Congress.. he should have done this 2 years ago.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    #27     Jan 9, 2019
    AAAintheBeltway likes this.
  8. BOOM!

Trump asked Pelosi if she was going to help with the wall. She answered NO.

Then suddenly President Donald J. Trump was no longer at the negotiating table.

Hope he said "have a nice day" on the way out to keep things civil.

#28     Jan 9, 2019
    Snarkhund likes this.
  9. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

Its going to be done by emergency funding. Fine, whatever it takes...

#29     Jan 9, 2019

10. Chuck said it was another temper tantrum.

#30     Jan 9, 2019