Trump is bringing his message directly to the American people and Democrats are having a fit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Jan 8, 2019.

1. UsualName

UsualName

Posted this in the other thread:

Trump was super subdued. His most effective argument is we are out space to house them and the system is stressed.

Democrats are holding the stronger hand, obviously. Their message cut right through, let’s open the government and work this out in a democratic way. Schumer smacked trump by saying he was throwing a temper tantrum in a national address, I kind of didn’t like that but we are in a whole new era with Trump.

Anyway, I didn’t see anything from Trump that would really move the needle in trump’s way.

Next up, Republican defections in Congress.

#11     Jan 8, 2019
    exGOPer and Tony Stark like this.
  2. TJustice

TJustice

I listened on the radio after I picked up one of my kids. I thought trump did a great job on the suffering the women experience on their journey, the drugs, the murders and crime. In short I thought he did a great job on the humanitarian issues. But as I said I did not see it.

Mercifully, I arrived home before it was over and did not turn on the T.V. Therefore, I did not hear the democrats.

If all schummer had was open the govt and they did not address the humanitarian issues and how to solve them... the democrats lost on substance.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    #12     Jan 8, 2019
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  3. upload_2019-1-8_21-11-43.png

#13     Jan 8, 2019
    traderob and TreeFrogTrader like this.
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

One of the greatest and most honest Presidential addresses ever. This is what Trump is all about ---caring for Americans. (Dumb and Dumber afterwards were ridiculous).

#14     Jan 8, 2019
    LacesOut likes this.
  5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/424474-fox-newss-shep-smith-immediately-fact-check-trump-address

Fox News’ Shep Smith fact-checks Trump address

By Morgan Gstalter - 01/08/19 10:13 PM EST

Fox News host Shepard Smith fact-checked President Trump’s prime-time address on border security shortly after it ended on Tuesday night.

Smith pushed back on some of the president's claims following his 10-minute speech, including statistics about violent crime and murder rates committed by undocumented immigrants.

“Government statistics show that there is less violent crime by the undocumented immigrant population than by the general population,” Smith said.

The Fox News host also touched on the president’s repeated warnings about drugs crossing into the country illegally.

“But government statistics show much of the heroin actually comes not over the unguarded border but through ports of call,” Smith said.

The president said that the border wall would be paid for “indirectly” through a new trade deal with Mexico but Smith also pointed out that the deal is “not yet complete.”

Trump said during his address that law enforcement officials have request $5.7 billion to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border but it was the president who made that demand, Smith pointed out.

“It’s he who requested it and he who said he would own the shutdown,” Smith said of Trump. “Nevertheless he’s making the case to keep his base together on this matter.”

Trump’s speech reiterated several of his talking points on the border wall since the partial government shutdown was triggered on Dec. 22 over its funding.

“This is a humanitarian crisis — a crisis of the heart and a crisis of the soul,” Trump said.

The president’s address was met by a response from Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) who accused of him of trying to “stoke fear."

"Sadly, much of what we have heard from President Trump throughout this senseless shutdown has been full of misinformation and even malice," Pelosi said. The president has chosen fear. We want to start with the facts."

#15     Jan 8, 2019
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

FALSE

#16     Jan 8, 2019
  7. I would love to hear his explanation how the trade deal will create $5 billion in revenue to pay for the Wall. Most of the trade is stuff from Mexico coming here tariff free and what we sell there has not changed due to the deal that is not even in force yet. I would love to see the accounting class at Trump University...probably has a chimp sitting in the front throwing feces.

#17     Jan 8, 2019
    exGOPer and Tony Stark like this.
  8. destriero

destriero

You are one terrified mofo. ICE apparently had no success keeping tat-face out of this country.

#18     Jan 8, 2019
    exGOPer likes this.

9. That's disgusting.

Those MS-13 guys have no class to be schmoozing with Pelosi.

#19     Jan 8, 2019
  10. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

The first time I watched Trumps speech I was at my computer desk about 5 feet from my Tv.I tried to watch again on my computer and couldn't .Trump is so fucking gross looking.By far the ugliest most disgusting looking President in US history.He's morbidly obese,covered in fake orange spray tan and has an ass growing out of his neck.I almost threw up my dinner looking at him.Trump addressing the nation up close on Tv does conservatives no favors,most Americans are probably disgusted looking at that fat disgusting creature with the ass growing out of his neck.

#20     Jan 9, 2019
    exGOPer likes this.