Trump is at war with The FBI and DOJ

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tony Stark, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...a77e4b0c95f375e329b?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Donald Trump Ramps Up Attacks On Jeff Sessions, DOJ As Firing Rumors Spread

Last week, the president sharply criticized Sessions’ decision to recuse himself from the FBI’s Russia investigation.

By Alana Horowitz Satlin

President Donald Trump on Tuesday accused Attorney General Jeff Sessions of taking a “very weak position” on former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, further fueling rumors that he’s considering firing him.

He also attacked acting FBI director Andrew McCabe.

Trump’s new tirade is just the latest in a series of unprecedented attacks on Sessions and the Department of Justice, largely stemming from the investigation into Russian election meddling. Sessions in March recused himself from the probe, now headed by special counsel Robert Mueller, who the president has also attacked.

On Thursday, Trump told The New York Times that if he’d known Sessions would later recuse himself from the investigation, he never would have chosen him for the job.

“If he would have recused himself before the job, I would have said, ‘Thanks, Jeff, but I can’t, you know, I’m not going to take you.’ It’s extremely unfair, and that’s a mild word, to the president,” Trump told the Times.

On Monday, Trump referred to Sessions as “beleaguered” and questioned why he wasn’t investigating Clinton.

Trump’s latest criticisms seem to support a string of media reports suggesting that Sessions’ days may be numbered. Sources told The Associated Press this week that the president has indicated to advisers that he is considering firing Sessions. According to Axios, former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani is being floated as a possible replacement (Giuliani has denied this report.)

White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci told radio host Hugh Hewitt on Tuesday that Trump is “obviously frustrated” with Sessions and “probably” wants the AG out.

The president has also taken aim at Mueller, accusing him of “conflicts of interest” and hinting that he’d consider firing him if the Russia probe expands to include his vast business empire.

Bloomberg on Friday reported that Mueller is looking into Trump’s personal finances, but Scaramucci said on Tuesday that he doesn’t think the president will actually fire Mueller.

2. Arnie

Arnie

He should fire Mueller

3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Firing Mueller wont make this go away.Democrat State Attorney Generals where Trump has business interest can hire Mueller and his team to continue their work on the state level and they would still have subpoena powers and Trump cant give pardons for state crimes.New York’s AG Eric Schneiderman is already investigating Trump business dealings and speculation is he will hire Mueller and his team if Trump fires them.The political shit storm that would result in firing Mueller and the non stop media coverage around it would also derail Trumps agenda until he is out of office.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    exGOPer likes this.
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Trump is becoming seriously unhinged with these latest tweets. I cannot imagine why a President would openly attack, on social media, his appointed attorney general in this manner.

Cuddles, CaptainObvious and Tom B like this.
  5. Good question, it seems totally counterproductive and inappropriate. Perhaps Trump has approached Sessions and explained how untenable it is for the AG to be recused from the most important item on the agenda. Sessions obviously does not see it that way and is playing chicken with Trump over keeping his job.

It is crucial for a President to have an AG who is loyal and dedicated to protecting him. Sessions is loyal but seems more dedicated to covering his own ass. Plus, he seems somewhat low energy. Trump is right to question the seeming lack of progress on any front other than investigating him and his family's finances.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Doesn't matter. Using "tweets" to tell the public how he feels and throwing mud is extremely unprofessional. I would be more apt to accept public behavior of this sort if it came with results, but the short of it is that there have been almost no results on a promised campaign and nothing but mudslinging. I'm quickly becoming more disgusted with the political sphere, and I didn't think that was possible.

7. The Senate is full of itself over voting additional sanction on Russia for election interference. They are telling Trump a veto will be overridden. Maybe. I hope Trump tests them.

Is it really sound policy to sanction Russia when no government agency has even been allowed to examine the computer servers that were supposedly hacked? The "evidence" of Russian hacking was provided by a private company hired by the DNC. It's not like there are not numerous alternative suspects in the hacking, from Seth Rich to the shady Pakistanis hired by former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz to run her Capitol Hill IT net.

http://ibankcoin.com/zeropointnow/2...kistani-dnc-it-staffers/#sthash.Ia3M12Pp.dpbs

8. Trump is a counterpuncher but shiite for brains Sessions cave in on the special counsel and put him in a position where he is on the defensive from all sides now. Trump is offering Sessions a chance to smarten up and go after Hillary to open up a new front in the political war but he has not done it. He needs to go then.

Going after Hillary and the Crime Foundation bigly is absolutely the right thing to do. The dems are following a plan to flood the zone with mueller and lefty media bad news and bad legal news about Trump so that voters allegedly will have no choice but to be down on republicans when elections arrive. He needs to counterpunch on that and get a clinton investigation going, so that there is nothing but drip, drip on dems day in and day out with a couple possible prosecutions in the works.

Trump did not win by convincing anyone that he was above approach. He won by playing off the fact that the dems were totally flawed and there was nothing but bad news about Hillary day in and day out which convinced voters that no matter who you for vote for you will need to overlook a lot. Trump knows that and that he needs to maintain that strategy. Otherwise the dems start acting like their shiite does not stink and every day is just about Trump. Sessions needs to get going or get out.

Is it messy? Sure it is. It's a bloodbath. But you either roll over and take it up the bo-bo or counterpunch. Trump probably wont run for a second term anyway, so Pence will benefit from not being Trump and will benefit from all the exposure of all the dem criminal activity initiated by the the Trump administration. Forget about all the blood on the floor. It's going to be a beautiful thing once they start in investigating the dems. Wouldn't even be surprised to see Trump's old enemy- Ted Cruz- having tea over at the White House someday soon just talking about his career plans and how Jeff Sessions is doing/not doing.

AAAintheBeltway likes this.
  9. I'm not disagreeing with you. I really don't see how trashing Sessions helps Trump. I see Trump being right on the merits but not handling it appropriately.

As much as I like Sessions, he did pull the rug out from under Trump with his recusal. It showed both a lack of loyalty and poor judgment, as well as unacceptable weakness in standing up to the democrat operatives at DOJ. Sessions is looking like a guy who can talk the talk but not execute the walk part. It's not workable to have an AG the President doesn't trust. So he clearly has to go.

There are traditional ways to handle this. Move him to another job, which could be tough because he wants to be AG and he is too old to waste a judgeship on. Find something to use as leverage on him, which again is tough because he apparently has led a spotless life. Convince him to take one for the team, but Trump doesn't really have a team, and Sessions gave up a lifetime Senate seat. So Trump is left with embarrassing him and leaving him twisting in the wind. Not ideal on many levels, but Sessions created the situation. He should do the right thing and resign gracefully. I have previously suggested firing Kelly at Homeland Security and putting Sessions there. A step down from AG but probably a better fit.

TreeFrogTrader likes this.
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You would have thought that Sessions and Trump would have been smart enough to discuss the recusal issue before appointing/accepting the position. The fact that they did not show enough foresight on this issue considering how crazy the left is on Russia is stunningly unprofessional.

#10     Jul 25, 2017