Trump Grants Huawei 90 Day Reprieve To Buy From American Suppliers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stockolio, Aug 17, 2019.

1. HAHA I keep telling you guys, The Caveman is removing all tariffs by November and Huawei is doing business in the US by next year, he will fight Congress to allow Huawei doing business in the US!!!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-17/trump-grants-huawei-last-minute-license-extension

After unexpectedly conceding to China last week, when Trump announced he would delay ( remove ) imposing the bulk of the 10% tariffs on $300BN in mostly consumer-focused goods from September 1 until mid-December, a move that surprised analysts as it was not based on any concessions from Beijing but was merely a panicked response to the tumbling stock market, late on Friday Trump made another unexpected concession when the Commerce Department announced it would extend a reprieve given to Huawei permitting the Chinese firm to buy supplies from U.S. companies so that it can service existing customers.

2. Can't breath from all the winning....

RedDuke and Overnight like this.
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Huawei phones will be mandated in the CIA!

4. Overnight

Overnight

No shit, right? We are the champions, my Chinese friend...?

5. CET

CET

Trump suggests Commerce Department won’t extend Huawei reprieve

President Trump suggested Sunday that his administration is not likely to grant another temporary reprieve to Huawei Technologies, pushing back against reports that an extension was expected to come Monday.

The remarks by Trump to reporters in Morristown, N.J., mark his latest escalation against the Chinese tech giant amid a broader trade battle with Beijing.

“At this moment, it looks much more like we’re not going to do business,” the president said of Huawei, citing national security concerns.

A Commerce Department spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Trump directed the Commerce Department in May to place Huawei on its “Entity List,” known to some as the “death penalty.” The move makes it difficult for Huawei to do business with any U.S. company. Days later, the Commerce Department announced that it was giving the company a 90-day reprieve, effective May 20.

Reuters reported late last week that according to two people familiar with the decision, the Commerce Department is expected to again delay the implementation of its penalty on Huawei on Monday. But Trump on Sunday disputed that notion, telling reporters that “actually, it’s the opposite” of what has been reported.

“Huawei is a company we may not do business with at all,” he said.

The ban is one of three by the U.S. government targeting Huawei. Last year, Trump signed a defense-spending bill that barred the federal government and its contractors from doing business with Huawei and several other Chinese companies on national security grounds. A separate ban prohibits companies that do business with Huawei from providing services to the U.S. government.

Some U.S. tech companies have applied for licenses that would allow them to continue to sell to Huawei, arguing that the Commerce Department ban could harm their bottom lines and their ability to innovate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...355234-c1fc-11e9-b5e4-54aa56d5b7ce_story.html

6. I actually hope he caves like a bitch...some areas of imports i deal with are now on the list effective Sept 1st. Chinese laughs at Trump.while US businesses get fucked.

And to clarify something for those still confused...if I import the product, I PAY THE FUCKING TARIFF/TAX/Higher cost..not the Chinese.

RedDuke likes this.
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

What about Mexico? Will they pay for those tarrifs?

8. [​IMG]

AAAintheBeltway likes this.
  9. I called and asked, they put me on hold...

10. merald Robinson ✝️‏Verified account@EmeraldRobinson 7h7 hours ago

Notice how many business media outlets have aligned themselves with China. They claim it's a principled stand "against tariffs" but China uses tariffs all the time. These people actually prefer that a communist surveillance state wins against America in a trade war.

22 replies 141 retweets 296 likes

#10     Aug 19, 2019