Trump delivers again; bans immigration from 7 Muslim countries.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Greenie, Jan 28, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

Well if nothing else, psychologically this will certainly make many (here and abroad) stop taking U.S. citizenship for granted. That's a good thing.

#31     Jan 29, 2017
    achilles28 likes this.
  2. southall

southall

The 9/11 hijackers were from of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Lebanon.

Why are none of these countries are on the list?

And stopping green card holders from entering the country? WTF.

#32     Jan 29, 2017
    achilles28 and Zzzz1 like this.
  3. The Constitution grants certain rights to "persons", including non-citizens/illegals once they set foot on American soil. I don't support that notion, but that's the way it is.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    #33     Jan 29, 2017
  4. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

The constitution applies to US residents NOT just citizens, and that includes green-card holders. The US constitution applies to everyone within US jurisdiction. What Trump has done to green card holder will bite him badly. At best there will be a huge uprising and movement that may unseat him, at worst most Americans can choose to travel to Canada or Hawaii for vacation from now on because they might be barred from all other countries. Oh, I forgot, Russia may stay open.

#34     Jan 29, 2017
  5. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

"Your" not "you're". "Muslims", not "muslims". Your guy? I thought he is the guy of all Americans. "Your's" not "yours". I think someone else's intelligence should be doubted. One or two spelling errors are ok but you seem to have serious issues compiling one correct sentence. I am non-native speaker. It really is not that hard.

To your point, nobody killed Muslims in the previous administration for no reason. What a bollocks.

#35     Jan 29, 2017
  6. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

No, I worry about the constitutionality. Green card holders are protected by the constitution in the same way than American citizens. Rejecting even green card holders and forcing them to undergo additional "interviews" is most likely gonna get Trump in even more legal hot water.

#36     Jan 29, 2017
  7. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Why? Because Trump has business interest in Saudi Arabia and the UAE. But of course we believe him when he said he rid himself of all conflicts of interest.

#37     Jan 29, 2017
  8. southall

southall

The Equal Protection Clause is part of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. The clause, which took effect in 1868, provides that no state shall deny to any person within its jurisdiction "the equal protection of the laws".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Protection_Clause

#38     Jan 29, 2017
  9. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

even rejecting green card holders before re-entering the US is most likely unconstitutional.

#39     Jan 29, 2017
  10. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-trump-immigration-ban-conflict-of-interest/

"His proposed list doesn’t include Muslim-majority countries where his Trump Organization has done business or pursued potential deals. Properties include golf courses in the United Arab Emirates and two luxury towers operating in Turkey."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/tracking-trumps-web-of-conflicts/

Turkey
    Trump Towers
    Istanbul

Licensing deal to use his name on two currently operating luxury towers, one commercial and one residential, for which he received as much as $5 million last year, according to his latest financial disclosure. Shares in Dogan Sirketler Grubu Holding, his partner on the project, surged almost 11 percent after Trump’s victory. Trump said in an interview with Breitbart News that "I have a little conflict of interest, because I have a major, major building in Istanbul.” In a move that potentially puts pressure on Trump, a Dogan representative, Barbaros Muratogl, was recently jailed on allegations of keeping ties to a U.S.-based Islamic preacher, Fethullah Gulen. Erdogan has accused Gulen of planning this summer’s failed coup and reiterated calls for Gulen’s extradition in his congratulatory message to Trump.

Licensing deal with Dorya International to manufacture Trump-branded furniture. Dorya President and CEO F. Doruk Yorgancioglu was quoted saying that the line sells well in places like Dubai, Istanbul, China and Russia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Egypt
    Companies
    Trump lists two companies on his FEC filing possibly related to business in Egypt: Trump Marks Egypt and Trump Marks Egypt LLC.

Saudi Arabia
    Companies
    Jeddah
    Trump lists companies on his FEC filing possibly related to a development project in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia’s second-biggest city, located outside Mecca: DT Jeddah Technical Services Manager LLC, DT Jeddah Technical Services Manager Member Corp., THC Jeddah Hotel Manager LLC and THC Jeddah Hotel Manager Member Corp.

United Arab Emirates
    Trump Golf courses
    Dubai
    The Trump Organization has a licensing and management deal in Dubai with Damac Properties Dubai Co. for a golf course and luxury villas currently under construction. Another Trump-branded golf course, designed by Tiger Woods, is under development with Damac nearby.

#40     Jan 29, 2017