Trump delivers again; bans immigration from 7 Muslim countries.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Greenie, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Greenie

Greenie

WASHINGTON — President Trump on Friday closed the nation’s borders to refugees from around the world, ordering that families fleeing the slaughter in Syria be indefinitely blocked from entering the United States, and temporarily suspending immigration from several predominantly Muslim countries.

Looks like Trump is indeed different from mainstream politicians. Since when has any other President in modern times delivered and fulfilled his campaign promises......

2. I don't get it. Why are we expected to take in refugees from countries that are openly hostile towards us? It matters not WHY they are hostile, that's not the question. If they have such a problem with us, why seek refuge here?

This question is kind of rhetorical, btw.

3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Because one guy doesn't speak for a whole race or nation.

If it were the case then should I assume your attitudes align with Obama (because you are American and Obama is American).

4. Arnie

Arnie

He does if he is president and is simply doing what he promised he would do.

5. Cuddles

Cuddles

6. Nice job of dodging what I asked.

7. The media and hysterical democrats act like the US is the only place in the world these muslims can go. How about our trusted allies the Saudis take a few, since so far they have taken zero. It seems only fair since they are the ones who financed ISIS and created this catastrophe in the first place, with Obama's connivance.

I understand it would interfere with their long term plan of buying off US pols and media/thinktank/university opinion makers and using them to get us to accept a slow motion invasion of muslims, but we've had enough.

achilles28, MoneyMatthew and Tom B like this.
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

And conveniently muslims from this country are not banned.

9. Good point. He didn't ban people from a number of other relatively stable muslim countries either. Probably a mistake but at least it's a start.

10. Cuddles

Cuddles

he didn't ban anyone from any country who's committed acts of terrorism in the continental US in the last 15+ yrs

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    #10     Jan 28, 2017