Trump Debate down to Gingrich and Santorum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Dec 8, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Poor Donald, just got a dose of reality, and how important he really is to the republican party, his ego must have been crushed. Only problem is I could see him running third party now just to spite republicans and hand Obama the election, cause he is such a thin skinned jack off.

It might actually be entertaining to watch Gingrich slap the shit out of that clown Santorum for a couple hours though. :D

TRENDING: Perry declines Trump debate invite

Posted by
    CNN Associate Producer Rebecca Stewart
    (CNN) – Texas Gov. Rick Perry will not participate in a debate moderated by real estate mogul Donald Trump and hosted by NewsMax, his campaign announced Thursday.

Perry's Communications Director Ray Sullivan said they "respectfully declined the invitation for the December 27th debate" citing Perry's "traditional retail campaigning in the days and weeks leading up to the Iowa caucus" as top priority for the longest-running Texas governor's presidential campaign.

Perry is one of four current presidential candidates that have visited with Trump, ostensibly seeking an endorsement from the businessman who made waves while flirting with a bid for the 2012 Republican nomination for president himself.

Trump has also met with GOP contenders including Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

Trump told CNN's Piers Morgan Wednesday, "I know a lot of the moderators and some are wonderful, and some aren't, but I know the issues better than the moderators" and touted ratings of his reality show as an additional incentive to participate.

Although the debate was also endorsed by 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, so far former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum and Gingrich are the only candidates who have agreed to attend. Perry now joins former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, and Romney, all of whom previously declined to participate. Bachmann is still on the fence.

And Republican National Committee chair Reince Priebus took issue with Trump's role as moderator earlier Thursday.

"I think that having a successful businessman serving as a moderator has a lot of value but the issue here is whether the moderator should be a person who is still batting around the idea of running as an independent," Priebus asserted.

Because his role as Republican National Committee chairman requires him to raise questions about the debate moderated by businessman Donald Trump, Priebus said, "I think it would be malpractice for me as an RNC chairman not to believe that's an issue."

Allowing that "candidates can do whatever they want to do," Priebus asserted his "concern of a moderator who is talking of running as an independent still being a moderator of a debate" in an interview on Fox News.

"I would have an issue with that and I would understand candidates who say, 'Look, I don't know if I want to avail myself where the moderator might be… still talking about potentially running as an independent candidate,'" Priebus said.

"I think that's a problem," he asserted.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/08/rnc-chair-takes-issue-with-trump-debate/

2. pspr

pspr

He has a year to get over it.

I really want to see someone interview Trump outside on a windy day. :D

3. BSAM

BSAM

What's really scary is that some of the major candidates in one of the two major parties in the USA think they need to suck up to this dumbass.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

It would be really funny if Gingrich or Santorum would now back out.

:D

5. pspr

pspr

That may play right into Trumps plan. He could debate the remaining candidate himself to show the world that he would make the better President. (in his mind)

6. LEAPup

LEAPup

It's really becoming a joke at this point. What I'm afraid of is the sheeple, entitlement kooks, extremists AND the confused, simple-minded, grid-locked voters, putting Odamnit back in office as the Republicans have nothing to offer.:eek:

I'm really concerned when the above idiots go to the polls in 11 months!

Ron Paul wouldn't play Trump's game, and once again doesn't get the media coverage he should get imo. He's my choice, but that's me simply wanting America getting back to America...

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Me too!

8. Max E.

Max E.

+1

9. LEAPup

LEAPup

It's scary when I take a look at what we REALLY are going to be getting. Probably Romney, but Newt vs. him + 11 months means anything could happen.

Ron Paul is the no bullshit kind of guy who would get result vs. sell sensationalism i.e., Odumba, the ultimate clown shoe occupying the most powerful position on the Globe. :(

No question the majority of the media loves Odumba, as he sells airtime with his blunders that make Jimmy Carter look like George Washington! With that, they will damn near ENSURE gridlock among those caught between stupidity, common sense, and the 2011 attention span of 30 seconds.... With that, I fear Odumba will pull off a win, and that scares me to death!

Ron Paul just can't cut the mustard as the media doesn't want a FUNCTIONING US government since it doesn't sell "breaking news" sensationalism that draws in the sheeple. He has no chance, and that's a travesty imo. It's Newt or Romney, and neither of them are the "big balls" kind of President this country is begging for to save it.

I'll vote for anyone but Odamnit, and pray more "anyone but Odumba, Odamnit," etc., people go to the voting booths vs. the kooks who want a government taking away their freedom in their blind ignorance...

10. LEAPup

LEAPup

The other problem in keeping the worst politicians in office this Country has ever seen is the fact that the middle of the road, no bullshit "average" voter is so turned off by the extremism at the voting booths, that they're staying home, saying "screw it. My vote doesn't count anymore."

My Wife is a prime example. Conservative (but hot:) ) lol, Woman who has given the kids strong, moral values as they grew up, and it has paid off with them. Her problem is she hears the sheeple talk, she occasionaly watches the news, etc., and now says, "my vote doesn't matter anymore.":(

That's a MAJOR problem in the US when it comes to electing TRUE leaders these days imo! If something doesn't change dramatically, the US is the Titanic leaving port...

#10     Dec 8, 2011