Trump Chicago pending "disaster"?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wilburbear, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Great call, NYX. 232 E. Walton is one of the best buildings in the city.:) :) :) :) :)

#21     Oct 4, 2009
  2. Does the water in the toilet audibly slosh around when the building sways in the wind? :cool:

#22     Oct 5, 2009
  3. I live on the top floor of a loop high rise. I've seen that 4 or 5 times in the last 15 years. Never heard it sloshing, though.

This morning, a finally balanced lid on some kitchen equipment was chattering away.

Only once have I had to go lay down, but that really doesn't stop the swaying either - a strange feeling in your own house.

#23     Oct 5, 2009
  4. Wow, that's wild. My wife's dream is to give up the nice suburb and move to top floor high rise.

#24     Oct 5, 2009
  5. Where are you at dude? I'm on the 55th floor (high rise off LSD).

#25     Oct 5, 2009
  6. #26     Oct 5, 2009
  7. That's my dream. Umnn, slight problem. My wife expects a couple thou sq ft on a high floor. (Sigh).

#27     Oct 5, 2009
  8. Would a cabin in the mountains be a good compromise? :cool:

#28     Oct 5, 2009
  9. nitro

nitro

Funny, my dream is to move to a place where I can have lots of horses and lots of dogs. That does not include downtown anywhere.

I have lived in chicago for 30 years and for part of that I have lived on high rises, and I have no idea about all this windy city stuff about buildings swinging in the wind is about. Ok, the Sears tower, yeah, but your run of the mill sixty footer? Nah.

#29     Oct 5, 2009
  10. In the upper-most floors of the John Hancock Buildng, it's a slight "problem". :cool:

#30     Oct 5, 2009