Trump can dish it,but he can't take it

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, May 11, 2011.

1. http://www.reuters.com/article/2011...=Feed:+reuters/topNews+(News+/+US+/+Top+News)

Donald Trump says public scorn greater than he expected

(Reuters) - Real estate magnate Donald Trump suggested Wednesday it's not much fun flirting with the idea of running for president in the face of relentless attacks and ridicule.

"Nobody said it was going to be easy, but I had no idea I would get hammered in the way I've been hammered the past few weeks," Trump said in Nashua, New Hampshire.

The billionaire host of NBC-TV's "Celebrity Apprentice" has hinted for months that he will run for the 2012 Republican nomination for a chance to take on President Barack Obama.

But Trump has slipped badly in surveys taken since Obama released his birth certificate confirming he was born in the United States.

The so-called "birther" issue had been a major issue of Trump's nascent campaign.

Public Policy Polling, which in April showed Trump leading the Republican field with 26 percent support, this week showed him with just 8 percent support.

Still, 700 businesspeople turned out for a sold-out Nashua Chamber of Commerce event. Trump delivered a speech heavy on his post-birther themes: high gas prices, Obama's healthcare reforms, and U.S. dealings with China and OPEC.

"If Obama gets re-elected, I think your taxes are going to go through the roof," Trump warned.

Still no word on whether a White House bid is for real, especially now that The Donald's political star is dimming.

"I'm thinking about running," he said.

Trump referred to the April 30 White House Correspondents' Association dinner in Washington, during which Obama and comedian Seth Myers mocked the tycoon mercilessly while Trump sat in the audience, stone-faced.

Even Republicans have been taking shots, he noted.

"I haven't done anything, in all fairness," he said. "I haven't even announced whether or not I'm running."

2. Even Sarah Palin has thicker skin then this weak ass clown

3. LOL !!!!!!!!!

4. Only a few weeks ago rc8222 and other Trump supporters were saying Trump was the only republican tough enough to take it to Obama LOL !!!!

5. I believe Donald has a soft underbelly and can be incredibly petulant when under heavy critique as witnessed during the rows over his leisure development on Scotland's East Coast . All it took was a stroppy pensioner who refused to sell up his home and land and Donald took all so personal.

6. With so many legitimate issues why did trump make this Birther issue his primary platform?

He could have been a contender if he focused on real issues like trade,the economy etc.

but somehow he chose the birther issue? Why?

7. Indeed, Trump loves to hurl insults left, right, and center but cannot take similar insults. He puts on a tough exterior but in reality it is all for show.

8. Shame, he wasted good moola on those birther investigators. :( .:D :.

9. olias

olias

He is remarkably immature. Anyone who disagrees with him cab expect to be called 'stupid', 'fat', 'ugly', etc. Come to think of it we got a lot of guys on Elite Trader just like that.

10. lindq

lindq

Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and has surrounded himself with yes/men and yes/women his entire career.

He is a pampered bully who can't standing having his crap thrown back in his face.

I was hoping that he would declare, just to see him further humiliated.

#10     May 12, 2011