Trump calling out yellen...."false stock market" indeeeeeed it is!!!!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by S2007S, Sep 12, 2016.

1. S2007S

S2007S

I'm not into politics but finally like to hear someone calling out yellen saying that the fed has created a"false stock market" ....only a few people have called out the fed on this fake market they have created....its not a real market when the central banks are intervening day in and day out, the fed has created an illusion....

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/12/trump-says-fed-chief-yellen-should-be-ashamed.html

2. kmiklas

kmiklas

It's been a "false market" since Woodrow Wilson signed the Federal Reserve Act in 1913.

...and there's nothing "false" about it. This is "true" money. Perhaps a "Government manipulated market' is a better term... with people in Europe and the Mediterranean pulling the strings.

...but then again, I assert that one of the primary functions of Government is to keep the economy thriving. If part of that effort requires buoying the market with created money, then that's not such a bad thing.

3. i960

i960

You've got to be kidding me. Buoying equities markets does very little to "keep the economy thriving." But it does a hell of a lot to transfer wealth from the poor to the rich via asset inflation (both directly as in equities and indirectly via other assets [real estate]). There's a huge swath of people that gain NO benefit to any of this nonsense.

4. kmiklas

kmiklas

No. Millions of people have their 401K's invested in the S&P.

Keeping this on a steady rise is a service to the retirement and pension funds of these people.

5. Its been proven the transfer of risk and wealth has left most people with little to nothing. If the average American has less than $1000 in liquid bank assets what does that say about our Country? Quant-Easing has been a boom for sharks like my former home loan officer friend who was happy to put people in homes far beyond their means. I stopped hanging around that clown when he said "my conscience does not bother me if their too stupid to figure out the truth". Its his job to help people, not sheer them like lemmings or sheep?

As long as they could afford the PMI who care's if you have a family making $3500 a month buying a $600,000 house that would eventually foreclose. Was Paul Volcker not afraid to raise interest rates and set off a global domino effect? Bank, Home Loan Officers lobby Congress to keep rates down and make financing easier for their own greedy reasons. I was called a "snake trader" by a guy who sold shitty loans to immigrant couples with little means other than lying on their "Stated Income" forms. I would love to see the Real Estate Bubble Crack, Mr. Ma in China is warning the PRC their gonna have problems if they don't handle their Real Estate and huge Shadow Bank system. Good posts by you both, Mrs Yellen's job is quite thankless.

6. i960

i960

Unbelievable. You realize there are MILLIONS of Americans without any access to or significant 401k holdings, right? Look outside your own personal bubble - just because you happen to benefit from it doesn't mean the rest do.

Right, at incredible risk to said funds who are basically forced to invest in markets they'd rather not be investing in. Such a prudent idea to put grandma's pension holdings into the damn stock market, right?

JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.

7. The numbers of how little Americans have is crazy, last year we were discussing how JCP and other Greedy Companies who pay their Officers and High Management a "Defined Benefit Plan" wanted to cash out their employees pensions for $25,000 to $50,000.

Stupid employees willing to change their D.B.P from $1000 a month for life plus discounted health insurance for $50,000 blew my mind. Lets see some of these State Employees who get $100,000 a year plus full medical in exchange for $200,000 and allow them to invest their monies since they don't give a dam about the Private Sector. Its about time to slam the Public Employees Pensions above $75k because its wrong! With that said we need to get Management off the Defined Benefit Pension System too, their so greedy like Harris it make's me sick!

8. Zestilio

Zestilio

This thread reminds me a talk I've recently had with my friend. He was trying to convince me that a business I was inerested to invest in is a scam and net marketing. Whereas my point is that it's unimportant whether it's a scam or not for as long as it keeps making profits and stays on the market. The same idea works with yellen. Who cares if it's a false market or not if it works and makes you money?

kmiklas likes this.
  9. kmiklas

kmiklas

Yes. The difference here is between a "false" market and a "manipulated" market. What does he mean by "false?" A scam? A manipulated market? A "fair" market?

If he's looking for a "fair" market, where prices are determined by "true" market supply and demand--as opposed to those in power with big money moving the prices--perhaps forex would be the place to look? Its worldwide nature, and lack of a central (manipulative) agency keeps the prices relatively fair. Maybe gold?

10. comagnum

comagnum

The other place to look is in foreign Index futures such as China, Taiwan, India, Japan, etc. These market are still mostly traded by humans and the charts reflect it. Patterns on these charts have a lot less noise. You will see a lot more recognizable continuation patterns and strong break outs with minimal back filling.

#10     Sep 13, 2016
    kmiklas likes this.