Trump attacks Obama’s dealings with Tony Rezko

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

That settles it for me, we all know a politician would never tell a lie.

#31     Apr 12, 2011
  2. Epic

Epic

What is wrong with requiring the potential president of the US, to show an actual birth certificate with a doctor's signature? I mean, we are talking about vetting the most powerful man in the nation, who these days can do pretty much whatever he wants with the worlds most powerful military. I think he should be held to a high standard.

Arizona just revised their bill to say that an acceptable alternative is to simply get a notarized affidavit from two people who supposedly witnessed the child's birth. The two just don't seem like equivalents to me.

Anyway, the point is that the vetting process that you think requires such formalities, simply doesn't exist the way you think it does.

#32     Apr 12, 2011
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

yeah, duh. obviously no previous president has ever had his citizenship questioned before now. so to put a stop to even the possibility of it becoming a problem in the future, some states want the law.

what is wrong with that? having the law in place will remove even the possibility of future silly birther type arguments down the road.

is there some argument that you have for not having such a law?

#33     Apr 12, 2011
  4. Hello

Hello

Just used google to try to find if any other presidents have had their citizenship questioned and here is what came out. Seems to be a lot of "White Milk" in this crowd. The racists of the past must have been confused as to which race they were supposed to be hating.... They appear to have found their bearings now that Obama is in office. :D

Sitting Presidents who have had thier citizenship questioned:
    · Martin Van Buren - First Language Dutch.. but also first President Born after the Declaration of Independence.
    · Chester A Arthur - Some still claim he was not a citizen. Because like Obama his father was not born a US citizen.

Presidential Candidates who have had their Citizenship Questioned
    · Christopher Schurmann 1896 Election
    · Charles Evans Hughes 1916 Election
    · George Romney 1968 Election
    · Barry Goldwater 1964 Election
    · Lowell Weicker 1980 Election
    · Roger Calero 2004 and 2008
    · John McCain 2000 and 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citize...t_of_the_United_States#Eligibility_challenges

#34     Apr 12, 2011
  5. If the US managed to muddle its way through up until now, then what happened to create such a kurfuffle presently, with the sudden need for new legislation and so on? What precipitous event could that have possibly been?

And, yeah, I remember all those birthers hating on McCain. It was endless. :p

#35     Apr 12, 2011
  6. What's your argument for not doing it?

#36     Apr 12, 2011
  7. I'm just pointing out the remarkable timing. Why was the matter not addressed in full in 2000, when McCain's eligibility was apparently questioned? And where were the McCain birthers in 2008?

#37     Apr 12, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

His beloved fellow liberal Dumbo might possibly not be eligible to fuck up our country for another four years.

#38     Apr 12, 2011
  9. Why don't you ask that question to the 30 lawyers and investigators sent to Alaska to try to dig up dirt on Palin during the campaign.

I don't care about the past and I don't care about Obama. I want to know what is your argument for NOT doing it for the next president.

#39     Apr 12, 2011
  10. Not as much as I want to know why it was never an issue for you UNTIL Obama.

#40     Apr 12, 2011