Trump and the Macarena

Discussion in 'Politics' started by olias, Apr 19, 2011.

1. olias

olias

I remember in college, I was at a house party and some girls were all excited that we were going to dance the Macarena. I had never seen the dance before but I'd heard of it. I was curious.

So the music starts playing and they are showing me the moves and after about 30 seconds I make a realization: 'this is fucking stupid!...and this song sucks'. I immediately sat down on a lazy boy and wondered what the hell was the attraction to this dance....

I think they played the damn song about 10 more times that night.

I got drunk and went out and jumped in the pool.

Over the next several months I watched in amazement (and disgust) as the freakin' Macarena became a phenomenon sweeping the country. I could turn on ESPN without seeing something about the Macarena.

It just seems there is a certain large segment of the population that will go for any stupid thing just because they are told 'hey, this is cool'.

Now watching Donald Trump get all this attention as a potential presidential candidate, and that so many people seem to take him seriously, this feels like the Macarena thing all over again. I can take a Republican candidate seriously, but not this douche. It really puzzles me that anyone, let alone so many people, can think he might make a decent president. The guy is a windbag idiot of epic proportions.

2. The three worst media created atrocities of the last 20 years that the American sheeple bought into.

3) "Reality" television

2) "White Ain't Right"- Being black is soooo cool, and being white sucks (fuck you MTV!)

1) Obama for president

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, you drank too much in college. Let me help you out here. Trump's following is 100% correlated to this country's hatred of Obama. If Obama's approval rating was above 55 or 60 Trump would be getting no attention.

"People want leadership, Mr. President, and in the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand. "

The American President

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

I think I got drunk at a new years eve party and did the Macarena - once. Not a pretty sight I'm sure.

Any way here's another line dance of the era. ($5 will get ya $20 the lady with the cane is committing insurance/disability fraud)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vAwpTva9ERk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Trump is the republican pet rock of the month...or a cabbage patch doll.

6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Rahm Emanuel didn't have any problems cashing his campaign checks. :eek:

7. Non sequitur.