Truly automated trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by tradeday1990, Nov 1, 2005.

1. No way! I trade with blackout curtains, double-latched door, not even the dog is allowed in. A single beam of light illuminates the system trading desk...

#31     Dec 31, 2005
  2. 1. SR is a software firm that doesn't trade. they provide server based solutions for automated trading systems. they sign a NDA and from my personal experience there is no chance of your IP (strategy) leaking

I know of several funds and CTA's that run SR based systems.

They (SR) also have a client side API that lets you run your system locally (still use the server for allocating the systems across multiple accounts)

2. why not? server would be more robust then a PC, FCM (the good onces) have good IT and offer better redundancy then local PC's. If you are all about speed , it would be much faster having the systems run from the same LAN that is routing orders to the exchanges.....

#32     Dec 31, 2005
  3. Hell no, nono.... :D

#33     Dec 31, 2005
  4. Pimp your goods on the other side of the street.

Take Anton with you.

#34     Dec 31, 2005
  5. DrChaos

DrChaos

That somebody will steal your encoded system from a server and ruin the market?

Think about it on the other side.

Suppose somebody came to you and said, "hey I have this great black box system. let's trade it in massive size!"

--- Uh, where did it come from?
    --- My friend is uber-hacker and works in IT of a broker and transferred it out on his USB keychain
    --- How does it work?
    --- I dunno.
    --- What are the risk parameters?
    --- I dunno.
    --- What are the weaknesses and strengths in various kinds of market conditions?
    --- I dunno.
    --- What does backtest look like and with what data feed?
    --- I dunno.

Would you buy a used car from this man?

#35     Dec 31, 2005