Truly automated trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by tradeday1990, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Exactly, if you have something that works, keep it to yourself...don't be so retarded:eek:

#21     Nov 10, 2005
  2. No offence, but here is a clue - if you really have a system that makes you money, then keep your big mouth shut about it. Don't post trades, entries, exits, whatever. If you wish to talk technology, data feeds, etc, etc, fine, but details of the system/method, such as actual trade results? Has the penny dropped yet?

If you can't figure why I am saying this, then I must thank you for providing liquidity in the markets. :D

#22     Nov 10, 2005
  3. Hi All,
    Popular belief has it that most traders lose money. This point never seems to be disputed. Some say 90-95% - I have no way to check this.

Coming to Truly automated trading, hard to believe that things would be any different. Would only profitable traders run fully automated? If the above dismal figures would hold for automated, it would be more correct to talk about Truly automated losing

#23     Nov 10, 2005
  4. Yeah, anyone can mess up a system if it's not followed to a T. That's why you have to automate it.

#24     Nov 10, 2005
  5. How do I debug my code in the QuantStudio? (Assuming that I can produce some codes):D

#25     Nov 11, 2005
  6. You guys should check out the new platform: TradeVista. I gave it a try last weekend and it looked really good. Anybody here from tradevista.com? How much would it cost? When is the real version gonna be available?
    T.

#26     Nov 12, 2005
  7. First and foremost, if you think you could figure out what I was doing, I'd be amazed :D

Second:
    I must say, providing liquidity isn't the issue, as I am in no way a scalper and would never want to be. Very few of you scalpers would ever trade the way the system trades.

Third:
    The system is based on a method of trading that has been published for many, many, many years and most people that back-test and 'say' they have traded it come up with bad results...so in the end, it doesn't really matter. In true life, actually traded properly, it does, unless it is tampered with.

Fourth:
    Give it to someone who knows absolutely nothing about trading and they 'could' possibly be profitable. We all know that many systems can be profitable, if given to the right person...but give it to someone who knows just a little about trading and they know just enough to be dangerous. In this case, that's what occured.

Last but not least:
    For those of you who don't know much about trading short-term, a mechanical system takes all the reasons why a person is unsuccessful out of the equation. Ask yourself, why am I not profitable and don't blame the market. More than likely it was a fault of your own personality that made you make a bad decision...in the previous case, it was greed and that has been the biggest killer of traders.

As traders we are trade what we see and not what we believe...that in itself is extremely hard to do, as we always try to outsmart the market. A system doesn't think, it does exactly what it sees, no questions asked. The truth is that very few people especially on these boards it seems are very successful at trading, but there are many people out looking for the holy grail and it lies in your own method and if you come up with it yourself, you will be successful. While you could give it to someone else, it may not work for them...as stated previously, if they are greedy, they will change it and it will not work. If they want to outsmart the market, then it will not work...but if they trust it, it will. As I said, the system that I trade has many variables that are still to be input by myself everyday and while I use the same ones everyday, someone else could use the same inputs and not be profitable for a million reasons, but this is probably way over the retarded guys head, so we won't go there.

#27     Nov 12, 2005
  8. Hi I am new to the forum and I stumbled on this thread. I have a question for tradesystems; is day trading free for you or must you pay broker fees everytime your 'system' wants to make a trade?

#28     Dec 30, 2005
  9. Try contacting Strategyrunner

sales@strategyrunner.com

they have a C++ API and a development department.

they program many systems for both individuals and Institutional clients.

The advantage with them is that your system/s will be running from the server side in the FCM facility (clearing house)

#29     Dec 31, 2005
  10. That's OK for run of the mill crappy systems.

But what if you have a REAL MONEY making system?
    (1) Would you ever entrust your system to a programming shop;
    (2) would you ever abandon your box in FCM's den?
    :D :D :D

#30     Dec 31, 2005