TrueTrade, Java/IB trading & backtesting

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by tyro_t, May 3, 2007.

1. tyro_t

tyro_t

Good suggestion.

One hint that it is the named pipe is that you will get an error in the Eclipse console saying something like "cannot open file '//./pipe'"

If you see this or are desperate and want to try something, by all means try the new URL.

Thanks TradingMojo.

#51     May 8, 2007
  2. thrunner

thrunner

Thanks for the suggestions. Sorry for the delay in posting. It looks like a file error in the console. Could it be something trivial? like host ID or port; as I indicated, the HeidiSQL front end could open the ats database using host name 127.0.0.1, user guest, pw guest, port 3306.

******Correction: TraderMojo's URL works, thanks *********
    You have to apply the new URL and restart the TrueTradeClient application.

Thanks Tmojo and Tyro.

Code:
    [size=1]12:05:281[ERROR]PlatformDAO - Error retrieving instruments
    com.mysql.jdbc.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure due to underlying exception: 

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION ** 

java.io.FileNotFoundException
    MESSAGE: \\.\pipe\MySQL (The system cannot find the file specified)

STACKTRACE:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: \\.\pipe\MySQL (The system cannot find the file specified)
    	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
    	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.NamedPipeSocketFactory$NamedPipeSocket.<init>(NamedPipeSocketFactory.java:57)
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.NamedPipeSocketFactory.connect(NamedPipeSocketFactory.java:215)
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.<init>(MysqlIO.java:276)
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:2641)
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:1531)
    	at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:266)
    	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
    	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
    	at com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource.popConnection(SimpleDataSource.java:580)
    	at com.ibatis.common.jdbc.SimpleDataSource.getConnection(SimpleDataSource.java:222)
    	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransaction.init(JdbcTransaction.java:48)
    	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.transaction.jdbc.JdbcTransaction.getConnection(JdbcTransaction.java:89)
    	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.mapping.statement.GeneralStatement.executeQueryForList(GeneralStatement.java:123)
    	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForList(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:615)
    	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.queryForList(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:589)
    	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.queryForList(SqlMapSessionImpl.java:118)
    	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.queryForList(SqlMapSessionImpl.java:122)
    	at com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.queryForList(SqlMapClientImpl.java:99)
    	at com.ats.db.PlatformDAO.getAllInstruments(PlatformDAO.java:29)[/size]

#52     May 8, 2007
  3. tyro_t

tyro_t

This looks like it will be a common problem. I think that I must have enabled Named Pipes or something non-standard during the MySQL install.

Regardless, I added a "Common Problems" section to the bottom of the install guide and have added the stack trace with the solution so that other people can figure out the problem quickly.

Thanks for your help in diagnosing and fixing the problem.

#53     May 8, 2007
  4. tonyqiu

tonyqiu

Hi,

I re-compile truetrade source and test it, works fine.

my question is that how I can export whole java project to lightweight executable exe project as you did.

thanks

#54     May 8, 2007
  5. tyro_t

tyro_t

#55     May 8, 2007
  6. I think we're continuing technical discussions over in:

True Trade General Discussion: http://groups.google.com/group/TrueTrade-Gen

or True Trade Development:
    http://groups.google.com/group/TrueTrade-Dev

To answer your question, normally you run the Eclipse Product export wizard, accessible from the client_builder.product dialog under "Exporting"

OR

File > Export > Plugin Development > Eclipse Product

In future, I hope we can put together a PDE build for reproducible builds and maybe an update site and/or JNLP. Much to do...I have to re-learn Eclipse stuff.

#56     May 8, 2007
  7. fa_0413

fa_0413

Hi tyro,

Have you tried cool-trade? It is automated trading system.

fa_0413

#57     May 9, 2007
  8. tonyqiu

tonyqiu

Hi,

I am testing Truetrade with IB. most of function works fine. however, i cannot download hist data from IB, truetrade stuck there for ever till i kill truetrade process. truetrade will download hist data from yahoo finance.

I am not sure whether some configuration I missed. I also tried to download hist data from IB via JSystemTrade, it works fine. so my TWS system works fine.

any idea? I will dig source code today.

#58     May 9, 2007
  9. tyro_t

tyro_t

Don't even bother trying OpenTick! :)

I thought that I got IB data downloading to work, but I don't use it myself and I had to make some changes to the IB data system to get the runtime version working which could easily have messed up the "Download Historical Data" function.

Can you open up a new issue describing what you are seeing? If you look into the code and you learn anything, you can append your comments to the defect.

Thanks.

#59     May 9, 2007
  10. ginux

ginux

I'm having problem running the app.

I followed the install guide and attached is the errors shown (I have changed the database pref)

#60     May 12, 2007