True Story

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Jun 25, 2003.

1. TGregg

TGregg

. . . (true story).

He wakes up after a pretty drunken night, gets ready for work and can't find his car. Turns out it was stolen. Finally gets to work, and finds out the software division is closing it's doors (place called KByte - I used to work there).

At the bar that afternoon (there are a lot of us exKByters and most of us gathered at a nearby watering hole), we told him to stay the #@^% away from his girlfriend, she's either pregnant or going to dump him. Turned out she was dumping him (but she felt sorry for him and waited a few days).

An interesting side note, is the guy who stole his car, drove it down to Florida to see his mom. The perp's mom turned him in. As I recall, my friend had to fly down to Florida and drive his car all the way back to Michigan, and think about getting a new job.

Fast forward a bit. He gets a job with several other friends at another company (they make software for phone systems). He buys a house and two days later the company announces it's moving to Florida. He's either got to sell his house or find another job. One would think they coulda told him before he closed.

He ended up moving and married a gorgeous (and very nice to boot!) woman - so it all worked out in the end. Last I heard, anyways.

#21     Jun 26, 2003
  2. Anyone else got any "true stories" they'd like to share about getting the wrong end of the stick?

#22     Jun 26, 2003
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Well Aphie it sounds like you have gotten the sharp end of
    the stick...poor baby.
    I may not be your girlfriend, but I know what you like. Hop on a plane and visit me. Make you forget all about your bad day!:D

#23     Jun 26, 2003
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Last week the IT guy cut off all my trading resources, then I complained about a woman's perfume in the rideshare and got effectively forced out after it turned into a civil rights/ harassment problem. I was driving my racecar on the freeway and I passed the commuter van and was kind of laughing at them there in the slow lane when the trans went out, just about locked things up and threw me offline. I coasted to a stop and the commuters all saw it, they were all laughing at me the next day. I put the car in my buddy's shop for a used tranny and the first one was not too good. While we are waiting for the tranny replacement his looney landlord brings in a construction crew to work on some pipes under his rear yard, no warning, and he can't get cars in or out of the shop for a week!! I just took a couple of weeks off, am researching trading all day every day for awhile. Maybe God is telling me it is time to quit the job and trade??

Max

#24     Jun 26, 2003
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Cathy, Cathy, Cathy. :cool: :cool:

#25     Jun 26, 2003
  6. Do we have to cuddle afterwards?

#26     Jun 26, 2003
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Magna...I only have the best of intentions......:eek:

#27     Jun 26, 2003
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

#28     Jun 26, 2003
  9. ttrader

ttrader

sigh.. perfect match ...

#29     Jun 27, 2003
  10. ttrader

ttrader

... maybe he just doesn't like your car ..

ttrader

#30     Jun 27, 2003