True story of sacrifice, what life is like with brains, balls, but without bucks

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by elohio, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Other than cash via the credit card route, you can always get a car loan via e-loan.com, and just not buy the car. If you have good credit, they will send you a check (written to you). You will be charged 6.99% interest, but if you have a system as good as you say, and balls like you claim, this shouldn't be a problem at all. Make a bundle of cash, and then pay off eloan in a year. You could start your trading within the week going this route.

#31     Jan 21, 2007
  2. Take the construction job.

John

#32     Jan 21, 2007
  3. Delay your gratifaction. Like another poster said the markets will always be there. Go bust your ass for several years and put away a few hundred thousand. You will be all the better for gaining the discipline for working for it.

#33     Jan 21, 2007
  4. dazed101

dazed101

how can you find doctors that are looking for placements?

#34     Jan 21, 2007
  5. Raul641

Raul641

Buy a $500-1000 beater car, something reliable and fuel efficient like a Honda Civic. Change the oil religiously. Deliver pizzas in an upscale area. No qualifications necessary except a clean driving record and a car, great tips, easy work, and you can listen to music or audiobooks or whatever 90% of the time you're working.

Do that for a year, keep your expenses down in the meantime, and you're set.

#35     Jan 21, 2007
  6. laputa

laputa

I think you can start a trading journal here on ET and post realtime trades for a few weeks or months...

If it's really good, then there must be someone who would be interested to chip in...

#36     Jan 28, 2007
  7. #37     Jan 28, 2007
  8. I loved reading this post...

#38     Jan 28, 2007
  9. These are all great ideas. The basic theme is get a higher paying legit job and keep your expenses as low as possible. That's going to have to do unless you can find a firm or relatives willing to stake you.

I always thought someone should develop an exchange for disclosing plans and staking traders similar to the micro-lending models. You could probably get $500 or 1k each from some of the well-heeled members here if you had a good plan.

Traveler

#39     Jan 28, 2007
  10. Here is how I got started, and my advice.

I bartended 4 nites a week a was bringing home $800-$1200 a week. This kept my days free to trade and learn and handle draw downs, because I always had steady money coming in.

If, you truly have no bills it won't take you long to get enough together to trade futures. Margins are nothing.

Hey, if your system is as good as you say there are people who might be able to work something out with you, although it won't be easy.

Example: I have a friend who is a CMT Chartered Market Technician, but had no capital. Anyway he used to sit with me and made some amazing calls.

So good, that I offered to put 20K in an account for him to trade under my name at his will and he would share 50% of the profits with me and I would assume all losess.

Only restriction is that he would have to continue sitting side by side with me so I could supervise risk on a global level, because he was still knew to futures and with that knid of leverage, I could loose my home if he got carried away.

Anyway, he declined and is still flat broke and unemployed. I offered him what I could.

#40     Jan 28, 2007