True story of sacrifice, what life is like with brains, balls, but without bucks

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by elohio, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Retief

Retief

All you need to do is play matchmaker between doctor and hospital THEN COLLECT THE FEE. Recruit just 4 doctors in one year and thats 100k, better then a construction job and less work.

How do you collect if the hospital won't pay up?

#21     Jan 16, 2007
  2. Try to find any job that gives you constant internet access (pretty much anything non-blue-collar) at a small company, preferably something tech-related. They tend to have weak internal controls, ie, monitoring your online access. I'm able to trade all the time at work...granted, this isn't something you want to do your whole life...working at a job just so you can sneak internet access, but it would help you on both fronts in the short term.

#22     Jan 16, 2007
  3. Need money? No prob.

These guys are practically giving it away! :D

FROM THE DESK OF MRS MARIAM ABACHA,
    29th April, 2001.
    Attn: Managing Director,

Dear Sir,

I salute you in the name of the most high God. I am Mrs. Mariam Abacha, the widow of the late Gen. Sani Abacha former Nigerian Military Head of State who died mysteriously as a result of Cardiac Arrest. Since my husband's death, my family has been under restriction of movement and that notwithstanding, we are being molested and constantly been harassed by the so called security officials, above all, our Bank accounts here and abroad have been frozen by the Nigeria Civilian Govt. Furthermore, my eldest son in detention by the Nigerian Government for more interrogation about my husband's assets and some vital documents.

Following the recent discovery of my husband's bank account by the Nigerian Government with my son's bank in which a huge sum of US $700 million Dutch Mark, & another $450 million was also lodge and 1.6Billion Pounds Sterling belonging to my late husband, all the said fund was seized by the Government of Nigeria. I therefore wish to personally appeal to you seriously and religiously for your urgent assistance to transfer the sum of $58million US Dollars into your account in your country where I believe it will be safe, since we cannot leave the country due to the restriction of movement imposed on the members of my family by the Nigerian Government or can you receive for the Abacha family the funds already in Europe & America about $89million USD , already deposited with a security firm you can advise us on areas where and what to invest on abroad, already we are presently nursing real estates or any other blue chip investment you can reach my lawyer(DR ISA MUSA.) on his direct Tel lines as a copy of this letter is equally sent to him in confidence .Any advise should be directed to my lawyer for security reasons thank you,

You can contact me through my lawyers Tel Number : +871-762336687 or Fax +871-762336689. Upon receipt of your good response. My lawyer shall arrange a meeting to facilitate the smooth transfer of the fund , that is to liase with him towards effective compromise of this transaction. However, arrangement have been put in place to remove more of the family fund amounting to$114 million US$ from a security firm were it is deposited , Before moving the remaining fund out of the country with the assistance of my husband's friend's that's some( some top government functionaries) still in government through a diplomatic means, and deposited in a security company, as soon as you indicate your interest. My lawyer shall send to you the Security Deposit Certificate and Airway Bill of the luggage and other related documents so that you can arrange how and where the luggage tagged _Family Treasures_. From an African king will be deposited. Conclusively, we have agreed to offer you 30% of the total sum while 70% in collaboration with my lawyer to be held on trust by you until we can decide on what to do next , subsequent to our free movement by the Nigerian Government. Please reply urgently and treat with absolute confidentiality and sincerity.

Yours sincerely,

Mrs. Mariam Abacha.(alhaja)

#23     Jan 16, 2007
  4. What's your hurry? Eight months is nothing. The market isn't going anywhere. Take the construction job, save your own stake, and you won't be beholden to anyone but yourself.

#24     Jan 16, 2007
  5. 3rdocagt

3rdocagt

Elohio

A great way to earn cash is to work on ships. While going to college I worked as a bartender on cruise ships in Hawaii. I made over $1000 per week in tips. Wages were only about $250 per week(and that was very HIGH as these cruise ships were the only 2 "American Flagged" large cruise ships in the world).

And this was over 20 yrs ago! The money would be better today.

You could also work in the deck department of merchant ships, with NO experience and earn $ 50,000. With 1 year of experience and your AB (able Seamen) upgrade $100,000 is doable. Of course I'm referring to US flagged merchant ships.

The great benefit of working on ships (in addition to the decent money) is that you have NO expenses, you live on the ship with free "rent" and all the food you can eat. Not a bad deal for a young guy with no bills and low/zero overhead.

You do work for your money. Seven days per week 10-12 hours per day.But if you enjoy the ocean and visiting other countries it can actually be quite enjoyable!

The last time I went to sea I worked 371 days straight, had no bills , no expenses to speak of ($20 per week maybe!), and happily walked away with a little over $105,000. It was a great jump start.

Aloha for now.

#25     Jan 16, 2007
  6. clacy

clacy

I'm not sure if you have a degree or not. That may or may not matter depending on what types of things interest you for work.

But you can get any number of day jobs to pay the bills, then work nights and weekends as a waiter or bartender. Save all of the cash from that job. You will have $5,000 in no time.

This is not an uncommon story, and many of the people on this board have faced similar situations, I would bet.

#26     Jan 16, 2007
  7. Hehe.

I dont think its as easy as it sounds. Actually, I emailed someone and they told me that it would be a difficult venture.

I still think it would be a good avenue considering the low overhead involved. If the idea doesnt pan out, then your just out time and effort. Your not selling a product that you have to keep in inventory, just matching people with organizations.

#27     Jan 16, 2007
  8. Not all construction jobs are the same. For those of you who can't work like a man you can always do road construction, which is mostly standing around with some driving around.

If you really want to get in shape go slug some concrete forms, although even I may not be man enough to try that.

Actually here is a thought:

Get construction job and save up enough money to get you AZ (truck driving license) that pays really well right now. Do that until you have $10,000 and then trade but still truck on weekends

#28     Jan 16, 2007
  9. elohio

elohio

lot of good advice, thanks folks

#29     Jan 16, 2007
  10. FYI, Tom Baldwin, who was one of the largest bond traders at the CBOT from the early 80's through around 2000, staked himsef by working for John Morrell, a meat packing plant. If you're are really hungry enough to make it in this business, you will do what you have to in order to find a stake.
    There a ton of prop firms out there that will put you on a simulator to see how profitable you "potentially" could be with whatever it is you're trading, if you show promise, they will sign you on, and you are staked with no downside risk.
    best of luck!

#30     Jan 21, 2007