True or False

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by GetReal, Dec 6, 2005.

1. FALSE.
    I quickly put on a few trades so as to turn my day into a good one.

nononsense
    PS: if it wouldn't work for you, you shouldn't be in trading.

#11     Dec 9, 2005
  2. In 1929 I believe some traders did jump out of windows... :(

#12     Dec 10, 2005
  3. there is high probability of another bad day occuring immediately after a bad day cos typical trader has tendency to force higher risk trades to make back. hence, the trading advice to stay small when having bad day.

#13     Dec 10, 2005
  4. You can only answer that yourself after maintaining a detailed journal that contains info about your psychological state prior to the first trade.

For example...if your stats show that you have a high probability chance of losing money that trading day if you had a heated argument with the spouse prior to the first trade...

May be a good idea to either stay on the sidelines the next time you get into a debate with the spouse or resolve these issues prior to the first trade.

Simply, one particular personal problem may have impact on one trader while the same type of problem may have no impact on another trader.

Thus, the answer is true and false depending upon the trader and particular problems that are either consistent or chronic.

* Marital Problems
    * Debt Delinquency
    * Stress from another job
    * Roommate Problems
    * College Academic Problems
    * Health Problems
    * Mental Illness (depression et cetera)
    * Many other things

Therefore, a trade journal that only keeps track of stuff like win/loss ratios et cetera and has no psychological information...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60132

Is a trader that may realize too late the real reason why they are in a drawdown or trading poorly.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#14     Dec 10, 2005
  5. nitro

nitro

Probably the only person that really trades in this thread so far.

nitro

#15     Dec 10, 2005
  6. :D

Seems like you've misunderstood the question.

The thread starter is trying to determine what could be a bad trading day prior to the first trade...

Not via hindsight conclusion at 3:59pm especially when many traders trade beyond 3:59pm...only ones I know that don't are stock day traders.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#16     Dec 10, 2005
  7. nitro

nitro

Ah.

In that case the answer is absolutely true. But there is always someone out there that is a counter example to any rule.

nitro

#17     Dec 10, 2005
  8. Who has time to trade?

#18     Dec 10, 2005
  9. When I get the flu I quit trading. I might stop trading, even exit short term positions if something happens that makes me feel confused (like I can't think clearly).

#19     Dec 10, 2005
  10. mogul

mogul

I suppose if your trades are based on your psyche

what if your system generates exceptional signals on your bad day off?

#20     Dec 10, 2005