True or False?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Oct 12, 2011.

Is Obamacare a (the) major reason corporations are not hiring?

1. True.

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. False.

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I don't know.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. I don't care.

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. nitro

nitro

Michele Bachman claimed last night that Obamacare is the number one reason that corporations are not hiring. I realize that this is too general and vague, but I found the statement interesting and would love to hear any credible evidence either way.

2. nitro

nitro

3. piezoe

piezoe

As far as I know the Chinese don't have Obamacare, so I hardly think Bachman can be right on this. And it seems U.S. corporations are indeed hiring, in China where their operations are. Why would they want to hire folks in the U.S. when there plants are located in China. Does that make any sense? :D

4. nitro

nitro

Government and media claim that most new jobs are created by small business. Meredith Whitney says that most of the small business job creation was the result of these businesses taking out loans on their homes as home prices went up, and that game is over. If that is true, we are living in a bigger pile of dung than previously imagined. The odds of any hiring in the near future will be hopeless.

<object width="384" height="356" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/money/.element/apps/cvp/4.0/swf/cnn_money_384x216_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=/video/news/2011/06/08/n_whitney_jobs.cnnmoney" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/money/.element/apps/cvp/4.0/swf/cnn_money_384x216_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=/video/news/2011/06/08/n_whitney_jobs.cnnmoney" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="384" wmode="transparent" height="356"></embed></object>

5. nitro

nitro

How on earth do we get out of this mess? Maybe the US will see a huge exodous, followed by a rise of H1B visas?

6. Re finance every residential and commercial mortgage from 30 years to 60 years (or thereabouts) so the mortgage payment gets cut in half to match wages.

Then take whatever is left in the funded pensions divide it up (cents on the dollar) among beneficiaries in a lump sum and tell them synara you're on your own.

7. no. they arent hiring because they dont have demand that excedes their ability to produce with the employees they currently have,

8. nitro

nitro

Then, what good does all this supply side economics do?

9. Employers prefer to hire skilled wage slaves.
    There are plenty in Chindia.

#10     Oct 14, 2011