True or False?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by username, Jan 3, 2008.

Is the conspiracy described here real?

Poll closed Jan 6, 2008.
  1. Yes it is.

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. No it isn't.

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  3. Don't know.

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. Erniii

Erniii

Yeah right, and some people would influence a 2 trillion dollar market just because they are afraid that ONE person will change the face of the world. If the "people" were so afraid why didn't they kill him. It would've been so much easier.

Besides do you really think that all these assumptions are possible? One faith, one goverment..... It's impossible for one person, evan the whole Baha organisation to make for example the Talibs and Americans to shake hands or bring peace to the middle east.

Come on, GET REAL!!

#21     Jan 6, 2008
  2. username

username

ideas or persons who have changed the world:

-Electricity
    -Jesus (Christianity)
    -Mohammad (Islam)
    -Penicillin (discovered by Alexander Flemming)
    -"A" bomb
    -Aviation (communication & transportation)
    -US constitution
    -Nikola Tesla (physicit, inventor, engineer)
    -The Baha'i Faith????

#22     Jan 6, 2008
  3. username

username

You haven't responded to any of his hard evidences yet. Since, apparently, you don't want to accept the possibility this might be REAL, you have decided to find a good reason why it shouldn't be (real). Scientific/Statistical evidence is never analyzed like this:

You must go from the known FACTS to the conclusion (always).

You are going from the conclusions (your own I must add) and try to change (or ignore) some important facts to fit your theory.

#23     Jan 6, 2008
  4. Erniii

Erniii

Then give me one good real reason this is real. I mean - so what that he was great trading in some contest and he wasn't able to make any money playing on a real account?? I can see that he did good during the contest and that he didn't do good in the real world but I can't see the conspiracy there....

All the scientists that you mentioned before had the knowledge to change the world. They have made things that could be used by humanity in good or bad ways.

Jesus and Mohhamad are a whole different srtory...

What would he do if there was no conspiracy against him to change the world?? If there was a conspiracy in which I don't believe

And finally I repeat my question: Don't you think that there are much easier ways to "neutralise" someone that is a threat for some rich people of this world??

#24     Jan 6, 2008
  5. euclid

euclid

You don't seem to understand the nature of evidence. Hard evidence of a conspiracy would be e.g. emails between the conspirators, witness statements from some of the bank traders involved, physical evidence of the massive surveillance operation. (They would have to monitor the victim and all his associates round the clock to make sure they weren't secretly reversing their trades). This would have been a very expensive operation; and difficult to cover up.

On the other hand, if he was a bad trader who didn't learn from his mistakes, that would explain all the evidence completely. I think I'll stick with the bad trader theory, thank you.

#25     Jan 6, 2008
  6. username

username

I can't disagree with you more.

The evidence is statistical in this case. The four charts attached to the press release. Summary of all his trades reported live on Oanda forum for 6 months. For the rest, i.e. surveillance of communications: for sure he must first be under surveillance for others to see his positions in the market. The N.S.A can trace all your communications in America (and abroad). This is a fact. Have you seen the movie "Enemy of the State" he refers to in the PR ? Technically speaking it is a click of a button (not as complicated or costly as you imagine, quite the contrary actually).

The same can be done with the same ease with any person he enters in contact with. The only way to evade detection is NOT to be his acquaintance and not communicate with him in any open manner (especially by phone or electronically). I think he has explained this aspect more than enough on Oanda's forum (if you have read it). Things are not difficult to cover up. The Manhattan project took thousand of people and several years to create the first American "A" bomb during World War II and nobody knew.

What you seem not to understand (or you just play it that way) is that he himself has asked the F.B.I to interviene to investigate this case (and he gives names and dates). Finally, I don't think conspirators need to "email each other" as you put it. You are funny. Statistical evidence is accepeted and valid in US courts:

http://www.willyancey.com/statistical_evidence.htm#Economic

Finally, the way it is done in the market itself does not need hundreds of traders coordinating their trades. If you look at the Wikipedia source for Forex you will see that less than 10 banks control the market (euromoney survey). UBS and Deutsche Bank are Swiss controled in their management. Some hedge funds are notorious to have access to illimited funds, although nobody questions the reason behind it or the sources for such facilities.

#26     Jan 6, 2008
  7. username

username

First, I am not here to support any theory or to deny it. I am trying to expose the FACTS alone. "Present the facts and the truth will attend to itself."

You mention his knowledge background: He has a MSc. degree obtained in America and a Swiss education as well. He was trained and has worked on Wall Street in FX before leaving to trade for himslef. He speaks four languages. Not bad!

"What he could do if there was no conspiracy"?

-first become rich as he is entitled to, given his proven track record in the Contest.
    -use this money for humanitarian purposes as he says he will do.
    -spread his message of "peace and brotherhood" for mankind.
    -use his knowledge of Baha'i teachings to create a New world order, just and peaceful (the Baha'is say that it isn't an utopia).

"so what that he was great trading in some contest and he wasn't able to make any money playing on a real account?? I can see that he did good during the contest and that he didn't do good in the real world but I can't see the conspiracy there"

No. He says it himslef (again if you have read the evidence provided). Actually, he says you don't need to compare real money results to the Contest (not real money). He says it is ADDITIONAL evidence provided but that "the 100% causality relationship between his trades and the FX market's reaction for 4 years continously, is by itself entirely self-sufficient". I agree.

It is the 100% causality relationship that made him go to Oanda to predict with certainty (and it became true of course). He is not asking funds to trade with or to make a name for himslef. It is the 100% causality relationship that made him go to the F.B.I in 2005 (not the Baha'i faith). It is the 100% causality relationship (as reported in realtime for 6 months on Oanda's forum) that made him go public through the Press release. If you google his name you won't find any occurence of his existence on the Internet before that date (11/14/2006), nor afterwards.

#27     Jan 6, 2008
  8. Hedge22

Hedge22

I didnt waste any of my time reading this garbage, but if you are claiming he has never made a penny, why doesnt he buy the dollar everyday at the open? either eventually he makes a profitable trade or the dollar goes completely to 0...

#28     Jan 7, 2008
  9. euclid

euclid

I wasn't going to post any more, but I am finding this fairly amusing so I'll continue for a bit.

You are not getting my point. You say there is statistical evidence of something, but how is this evidence of conspiracy? I could just as credibly say that this is evidence of divine intervention in the forex market.

So please tell me, since you seem to be familiar with the case, what is the evidence that says this losing streak was caused by a conspiracy and not something else? There must be something apart from the fact of the losses themselves that would lead to such a bizarre conclusion. Please confine your answer to this one point, if you please, then we can make some progress.

#29     Jan 7, 2008
  10. username

username

Can anybody respond to these 2 questions?

#30     Jan 7, 2008