True lies about Fibonacci

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by harrytrader, Apr 25, 2003.

1. The key to divine harmonic proportion (sacred geometry) is the relationship between progression of growth and proportion. Harmonic proportion and progression are the essence of the created universe. It is consistent with nature around us. Nature around us follows this harmonious relationship. The natural progression follows a series that is popularized in the West as the "Fibonacci Series".

Since this Series was in existence before Fibonacci (born in 1179 CE), it should not bear his name. Fibonacci himself and his Western commentators, did not even claim that it was his "creation"

http://www.egypt-tehuti.org/articles/sacred-geometry.html

#21     May 2, 2003
  2. You should remark that this article is about a HUMAN architecture which is nothing but artificial :D. And so can be stock market. In fact I woud say so IS stock market but I don't want to make any claim and force you to believe: I never rely on belief myself, my conclusion comes from my equations which is a very sophisticated algorithm it cannot be the cause of the crowd : it drives the crowd so elliotists are confounding the consequences with the cause which is very frequent as an error. But it is not their fault they coulnd't guess that :D.

#22     May 2, 2003
  3. I discovered something funny: the golden mean was defined in dictionary (in the French famous dictionary Larousse) at the beginning of the century not as the PHI number (or rather as (SQRT(PHI) + 1) / 2 = 1.618 ) but as the 19 years lunar cycle :D. So here's the moon again if you know an esoteric relation between the two that would interest me :). The only thing I know is that this 19 years cycle was called the Meton Cycle a greek astronom who lived 500 years BC and that discovery has been used for perfectioning the calendar by the Church. The greeks were so admiring this cycle that they dedicated the temple Minerve to it.

#23     May 2, 2003
  4. Well, if this proves anything it is in the first place that this PHI number is very universal indeed. As for your esoteric interests we all do know them, but how about the practical results you derive from them? The devil may be in details, but the value of any scientific framework is in its predictive power. For this reason physics is more powerful than psychology.

So any results you can brag about? As far as I am concerned, you can brag as much as you want as long as it is true...

#24     May 2, 2003
  5. >>You can go back and check this on any timeframe.<<

Yes wavetrader, except that every now and then there are so many exceptions such as an additional series of waves which is required to explain away the sudden breakdown of the rules
    (or should that read 'general rules' ?).

Elliot Wave theory is so non-straightforward that at any one time one may have a number of people, all serious students of Elliot Wave theory, who each has a different interpretation.

The above isn't meant to put you or anyone else down by the way)

freealways

#26     May 2, 2003
  6. Talking about astrology Harry, a number of years ago I read a book by a French writer who set out to disprove astrology and finished up with results which, statisticallly speaking, appear to support the notion that there is some connection between one's date of birth and one's profession.

That doesn't imply of course that there is also something of value in the drivel one reads in the weekly Star Sign column in your wife's favourite weekly magazine.

freealways

#27     May 2, 2003
  7. None since I don't use esoteric framework :) (I use my model which is rational model based on economic principals so more trustable less combinatorial and more precise). For I don't believe on moon causality like you - remember your post the other day: I can just admit some correlation between stock market and the moon if ever proved but as I said statistically many times in other posts a statistical correlation has never been a proof rigorously. It is abuse from people to confound the two but professional statisticians - those that are pure mathematicians - do know it.

#28     May 3, 2003
  8. Well the number of statistical studies that have been not rigourously conducted in psychology fields and of course even more in astrology fields are highly doubtful (I have studied in fact statistics with some books dealing with statistical psychology since I've been in food engineering field and as so has to cope with testing subjective consumers preferences and so assert their psychology). Each time you have to cope with what are called hidden variables and also with counfounding the cause and the consequence that's why as a tester you can easily fool yourself even for years. Apart from that a statistician is an expert in his statistics own field but as I said above statistics results need interpretation and I don't trust interpretation from statisticians I only trust their calculations. So I am very very skeptical as for those kind of claims in psychological field above all when I don't know to what degree his claim concerns: it is very different degree of intensity to say that there are a higher number of crimes during full moon than other days than to claim that the number of crimes follow a fibonacci growth law because of the moon :D. Whereas in stock market it is much more easier to cope with astrology because it deals with only a FEW QUANTITATIVE numbers and not NUMEROUS and even UNLIMITED QUALITATIVE characteristics. It means that I will only consider the moon alone not all the planets since if you introduce many planets it becomes combinatorial : it is not impossible to do it but it becomes very complicated to deal with n-space dimension analysis there are techniques like Principal Component Analysis wich will extract the most significant factors - in our example it could be used for detecting the most influential planets - but it is more descriptive technique than inductive technique that is to say probability zones are much more doubtful and often impossible to estimate. So if there is a serious statistical study between moon and stock market I would be more inclined to consider it as some beginning of a proof - if ever it is proved - but unfortunately until now all the statistical studies I saw have some indication of correlation but are not rigorously conducted enough, so I would have to do it myself one day. But by advance even if I find that there is significant statistical correlation as I said above a statistical correlation has never been a proof. Proof comes from the interpretation domain with logic reasoning and knowledge upon the statistical result not from statistic alone: statistics is just like a rule meter it doesn't prove by itself.

#29     May 3, 2003
  9. >>So if there is a serious statistical study between moon and stock market I would be more inclined to consider it as some beginning of a proof - if ever it is proved - but unfortunately until now all the statistical studies I saw have some indication of correlation but are not rigorously conducted enough... <<

and

>> as I said above a statistical correlation has never been a proof. Proof comes from the interpretation domain with logic reasoning and knowledge upon the statistical result not from statistic alone: statistics is just like a rule meter it doesn't prove by itself. <<

I don't have a clue what you are saying Harry. Must be your accent :D

O.K. no joking now, please repeat the second paragraph but this time in more simple words.

For example what do you mean by "interpretation domain" and also "with logic reasoning" and also "and knowledge upon the statistical result".

Apart from this all, no-one can ever be 100% certain whether there is proof of anything as any kind of result can ALWAYS be a matter of co-incidence, no matter what number of results are available.

freealways

#30     May 3, 2003