True deficit: 3.5 trillion

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Pekelo, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Illegals kill more Americans right here in the U.S. than are killed in Iraq. But it's no big deal, we got all kinds of time to deal with the problem.:mad:
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53103

And the cost to taxpayers in the four states most affected:

In the past two years, FAIR has issued fiscal cost studies for California, Arizona, Texas and Florida looking at the same cost factors studied by the Urban Institute 10 years earlier, i.e., education3, emergency medical care and incarceration. Our findings of the annual net fiscal costs were:

California $8.8 billion ($1,183 per native household)
    Arizona
    $1.03 billion ($717 per native household)

Texas
    $3.73 billion ($725 per native household)

Florida4 $.91 billion ($315 per native household)

These studies were done in 2004 and 2005, and the rapid continuing increase in the illegal immigrant population in each of these states would result in higher estimates of the fiscal cost today.

#11     Dec 15, 2006
  2. Cesko

Cesko

The next political movement that runs on major speding reform and fiscal responsiblity will, IMO, prove to be a huge success.
    Until the movement you are talking about gets rotten as well. It's a structural problem!
    Pekelo, (by following your posts) aren't you a big supporter of "social democracy" model? So what the fuck are you complaing about? This is it.That's what you get when every stupid fuck has the right to vote. Or are you so naive to think it is different anywhere else in the West???? If you don't see connection, do some studying please!
    P.S.Do not start about military spending or something like that it's entitlements that's bankcrupting U.S..

#12     Dec 15, 2006
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Quote from Cesko:

Pekelo, (by following your posts)

I take it as a honor...

aren't you a big supporter of "social democracy" model?

How about humanized capitalism?

So what the fuck are you complaing about?

You tell me. Was there any complaining in my original post?

But since you asked, I complain about spending like hell and the money printing press can't even keep up with it...

That's what you get when every stupid fuck has the right to vote.

That would also be called democracy, and no, the federal spending has nothing to do with the voting masses...

And why would I mention military spending when it is part of the entitlements? :)

#13     Dec 15, 2006
  4. clacy

clacy

"That would also be called democracy, and no, the federal spending has nothing to do with the voting masses..."

You don't really believe that federal spending has nothing to do with the voting masses, do you?

That is what virtually every entitlement is all about.......getting votes. Unfortunately the dems have been doing it for ages and now it looks like the republicans are almost as bad.

#14     Dec 15, 2006
  5. Cesko

Cesko

That would also be called democracy, and no, the federal spending has nothing to do with the voting masses...

LOL. You have very little understanding.

How about humanized capitalism?

I exactly expected you were gonna say something in this manner.All lefties do. Do you understand that, basically, the expression "humanized capitalism" doesn't mean anything? It's just an idea in your head nothing more.
    You are somebody I call idealistic or dogmatic.

#15     Dec 16, 2006
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, I give you 30%... :)

Cesko, since I didn't find any argument in your post, the conversation is over until you show some...

By the way why don't we just get over this cumbersome election system and name W or any other idiot king??? Imagine we could spend those election campaign money on celebration instead!!! Fireworks, free hot dogs for everybody!! Long live the king!

#16     Dec 16, 2006
  7. Cesko

Cesko

Cesko, since I didn't find any argument in your post, the conversation is over until you show some...
    Since you don't see any connection between welfare state and spending, I agree with you Pekelo, the argument is over.

#17     Dec 17, 2006
  8. Pekelo,

At some point you may want to look at the big picture.

I lived through the transition of how things started from nothing and rose to steady state values that destroyed the system.

It was too bad; it only happens once for each national endeavor.

As a simple bottom line, for today, add up what is owed to those promised and what is the size of the free enterprise system.

Ooops.

Some people have to consider the future as well; you know, those under 75 or so.

I'm in the 1% who took care of business in order to be immmune from the government. I mean, I am responsible for taking care of others as a citizen and I do. I also had to take care of myself independently of what the government told me it might do.

Arizona is a nice example, we have a positive balance of payments and the overall dynamic for winding down is just beginning to show.

The succession of SS not covering living costs and then a person comig to the end of Medicare kicking in (read the life time benefits ending text). After that "spend down" commences and CA's are exhausted an the person is now eligible, for a time, for Medicaid until that ends too. In poverty and at the end of government CMS support (except for SS, whose benefits may legislatively change the promises made), a person goes into LTC by being conveyed to local buildings run by an assortment of providers.

In Arizona, there are less people on Medicare (it comes first) than on Medicaid (it comes last) and millions in each category. The baby boomers who paid full shrift are entering the system now and then it gets interesting. People less than 60 right now aren't going to have anything given to them; the boomers will be costing 75 billion a month ...lol....

If all the promses are bigger than the sum of all the stocks and bond value, how do you think the smaller entity can be used to pay (by taxes, maybe, etc) the government promises.

The British Empire was fun

Cummunism was fun.

Trading ought to be fun in the future too.

Where did the middle class go???? lol... it paid the taxes there for a while.

70% of families have sudden difficullies, today the average lifestyle decline is 40%. This is before people "retire" (not a practical word for a young person's vocabulary).

At 2000 the last Bull market ended. It was called the Electronic Bull. In 2000, the Terrorism Bear market began. (See Tharpe, pg 56 or so). The usual span of a given market is 18 years in the US historically speaking.

Now we have a synchronized global economy. After 4th grade US education goes through the floor and is not competitive. Kids in the US are screwed. My kids didn't go to public schools, it was not an option then either.

So things are looking up, I guess.

#18     Dec 18, 2006
  9. piezoe

piezoe

We have to privatize social security, and health care in order to get our budget down.

In my view, it is misleading to lump social security together with healthcare. True, SS is an entitlement and there are entitlement elements to our health care system, but that is where the similarity ends. Social security, a government sponsored social insurance program, is efficiently managed and currently produces a large surplus. It will take only very minor tweaking to make the system fiscally sound and self-funded far into the future.

By contrast, healthcare in the US is already largely privatized, in fact the healthcare system in the US operates as a government-sanctioned cartel of providers, hospitals and insurers, and you can hardly get more "private" than that. Presently our US healthcare system is a nightmare of inefficiency and out of control costs. It will take far more than tweaking to fix it. It will take a miracle!

#19     Dec 19, 2006