true cost of iraq war. 3 trillion.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Mercor

Mercor

The market can't be stabilized unless you control demand.
    Demand for oil comes from a society that feels safe to travel , safe to grow manufacturing, safe to be a stronger consumer.
    If a society feels threatened they will be economically weaker.

What the numbers tell me is once the US plopped its Army on the world's oil supply it allow business the safety to invest and grow. It allowed the consumer the safety to keep buying. Both these things created higher consumption of oil, greater demand and thus higher prices.

#11     Jan 27, 2011
  2. Mercor

Mercor

Exactly, The USA is protecting the shipping lanes of most of the World's oil.
    Ricter, you are beginning to see the light

#12     Jan 27, 2011
  3. We dont know that it would've been the same or worse though without the Iraq war. For every $15 per barrel in oil prices thats $100 billion dollars per year more that we are paying for oil.

So paying $60 per barrel more for oil, costs Americans about $3.5 trillion extra over 7 years. Would you rather pay $3 trillion to american soldiers and build up our military forces or just give $3.5 trillion to iraq, saudi arabia and our enemies so they can build up their military forces.

(yes $60 per barrel more than we paid in all those years is just speculation on what oil could've gone to had we not invaded, but I think its a fair speculation. Considering we saw prices go as high as $150 per barrel, paying $60 more than we did is not so far fetched)

#13     Jan 27, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

You don't think a "dyed in the wool", as I've been described, commie like myself has not known since his age of reason that the US is an imperialist nation??

Yeah, we're protecting them alright, for us. But to be fair, also for anyone else who chooses to behave as we demand. If they don't we undermine their government.

#14     Jan 27, 2011