Troubles with Scottrade..

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by motyeh, Apr 15, 2006.

1. I understood your problems since I was once with Scottrade, now I have no business with them. as a veteran sctttrader, I would say Scottrade is the worst firm. they cheated you on Elite trading platform: did you carefully check their execution log in your Elite trading platform you will find the execution is actually back-filled (that means after the fact filling, they are front running you). I once caught them off guard, they inserted a loser position into my account ( I once put out an order and then cancelled), and insisted I should eat the bullet, then I submitted my video ( I was trading), they have nothing to say, then suddenly the position disspeared, what a fucking firm!

plus their rate is too expensive

I experienced the similar problems as you described: cancel an order, then no confirmation, then you can not cancel it... many many ...

but I would say: the color of sparrows in the whole wild world is black.

I am currently with IB, but I noticed TWS is very frustrating too, not reliable/chart bar removal/data feeding problem, I am planning to buy some data feeding fro other firms in case IB does some tricks to me and I can get my money back even there is account contract!

#31     Jul 28, 2008
  2. they are only about making money and thats what makes them horrible. if they would take a second to spend some money and increase their costumer services, then id have no doubt in my mind that they could become a great firm... but instead the CEO is in his chair bitting his toe nails and laughing his head off to his pocketbook

#32     Jul 29, 2008
  3. i lost 30k in 5 months with scottrade elite platform-big joke-problems slippage-frontrunning -orders not filled/lost (when i would have benefeitted)-felt like someone was watching my every move(not in a good way) they now have a bank with the money they have siphoned off their clients(scottrade and Knight are the same company)-its all rigged to take our money-scottrade= satan

#33     Sep 15, 2008
  4. I have a rollover IRA there from an old 401k from a long time ago and they are always sending me email to log in to check account statements, etc. Anything to get you to generate commissions. It's fine for a few positions in ETFs for this particular IRA acct but I would question why anyone would use it for active trading.

#34     Sep 18, 2008
  5. This whole week, esp. today (9/18) Scottrade Elite is stuttering, turning on and off and basically is just useless. Anyone else getting this problem. I may need to use another broker.

#35     Sep 18, 2008
  6. A friend of mine uses TD Ameritrade; it's doing the same thing. He has got burned really bad, made some good money, then gotten burned really really bad again. He's jumping ship.

After polling many traders on here, it seems IB and Tradestation have the some of the best systems out there for traders.

#36     Sep 18, 2008
  7. moarla

moarla

no problems with IB data, charting into ensign
    TWS stable....

#37     Sep 18, 2008
  8. Spamming is the absolute sure-fire way not to get my business.

Anyone else having ScottradeElite slowdown, lock-up, restart, etc. as the trading volume has gone wild lately?

#38     Sep 18, 2008
  9. weld1

weld1

unless u make a zillion trades a day speedtrader is great. the commissions are a bit too much for sure if u only daytrade , but when u call u get someone NOW!!! i would rather pay a little more and trade a little less. i have heard so many horror stories on here about IB and other brokers its not funny... i will stick with speedtrader and just keep hounding them to lower my costs...lol with that but who knows?

#39     Sep 20, 2008
  10. mthang

mthang

I am having the same exact problem as you. I notice it tends to be very slow if I have a lot of the headlined financial stocks (LEH, FNM, WM etc. ) on my watchlist. It can get very frustrating if I'm in the middle of a trade.

I also use ThinkOrSwim, but mainly for options. I'm thinking about moving all my money into ToS, but I prefer Scottrade's Totalview quotes over the Tradegrid (Level II) in ToS.

#40     Sep 20, 2008