Troubles with Scottrade..

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by motyeh, Apr 15, 2006.

1. white17

white17

IB

#11     Apr 24, 2006
  2. the orders that disappear are actually either on the books or have been executed, but not confirmed, due to some technical glitch somewhere...

it is very annoying when it happens though, especially when you want to cancel but cant because although the limit order is on the servers' books, it won't appear on the java client, so you cant cancel... so you have to call the broker on the phone. the process can take 3-10 minutes... this can mean a serious loss sometimes.

also imo i think their 20 symbol quote limit is much much too restrictive...

scottrade is good because they have local branches and you can reach a broker in less than 1 minute usually... also their java client isnt too bad and they have some fundamental research from s&p that can also be useful.

for the active trader there are many restrictions and limitations...

#12     Apr 24, 2006
  3. So many people complain about ST, yet they still trade with them.

IB all the way!

-Kastro

#13     Apr 24, 2006
  4. I have one question. Why are you day trading with an online broker with 7 dollars in commissions r/t????...Scottrade is fine for non day traders imo.

- nathan

#14     Apr 25, 2006
  5. and ttas why i hate scottrade

#15     Apr 25, 2006
  6. op, u have registered here 2yrs ago'n'u still haven't got da drill 'bout who's da better broker here[?]
    there have been countless complains bout scottrade'n'countless terrible reviews under brokers ratin'..same huge numbers of positive review for many other brokers, especially ib.

da choice is yours

#16     Apr 25, 2006
  7. I had performed a simple mutual fund exchange (all shares of a bull rydex fund to a bear rydex fund) and had this simple trade botched for 5 days! I had to call my local branch manager to get it fixed up.

Next, their streaming quotes sometimes go down several times a day. (their phone support team tells me its my Java, yet I tried running streaming quotes on different machines on different networks and, as an example, the streaming quotes almost always go down between 1 and 2 PM! )

Finally, their new site is even less intuitive than their old site, which I still use, and at this point, I'm bailing out of scottrade. Where am I going? Based on the postings here, perhaps Tradestation or Think or Swim.

But I'm open to suggestions from other traders. So, speak up!

#17     Apr 25, 2006
  8. nealvan

nealvan

I had similar problem as motyeh.. I think it's because they changed their website and haven't worked out the bugs.. Usually I don't have the problem but their is a lag with getting fills with Scottrade but I'm still in the amature ranks and might go to IB if their as good as everyone says..

#18     Apr 26, 2006
  9. zdreg

zdreg

you have been registered for 2years. these are your 1st posts. in two years you couldn't make make a contribution to this board.
    it makes one wonder what was going on and why you are deserving of assistance.

#19     Apr 26, 2006
  10. bluedemon77

bluedemon77 Guest

Scottrade has cost me hundreds of dollars in slow execution, extremely slow charts (their servers always seem to have problems). When you call to find out what their problem is, they don't seem too concerned about it. I closed my account yesterday. My advice is to steer clear of Scottrade.

#20     May 24, 2006