Trouble with universal accounts and new trading permissions?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by bundlemaker, Aug 17, 2002.

  1. Over 3 weeks ago I applied for US and HK futures trading. I already traded US securities. After hearing nothing from IB, I contacted them. I was told they are having to jump through hoops over compliance issues. I don't understand this. What does compliance have to do with it? Anyone else experience something like this. I'm beginning to wonder why IB even bothered with a universal account if you can't use it the way it was intended.
  2. Interesting Bundle...I have wanted to get esignal and IB to trade the LSE. I wonder if there are compliance issues there also.
  3. pethof


    same for me. I am put to "Your request for additional trading capabilities is pending approval" for a week now. After sending an email to IB and asking what is going on, they replied kindly, giving the answer that issue will be taken care by some programmers. Don't know if thy even understand my complaint.
  4. def

    def Sponsor

    It turns out that upgrading the account for some reason is more difficult than opening a new account. There is definately an issue with European clients regarding the upgrade. It was being worked on with a high priority and should be resolved shortly (by the end of this month at worst is what I am told).

    at the same time, some part of the process for clients who requested to upgrade from the states got corrupted or overwritten. e-mails were supposed to notify to choose the upgrade option again.

    upgrades need to take place over the weekend. So, if you requested an upgrade, are non - EU based - and have not rec'd the upgrade by Monday. you should either send a mail to the help desk asking what the status is, upgrade again, or if you really want to be up quickly, apply for a new universal account.

    I can say there are thousands of upgrades and new accounts that have taken place and are successfully trading across different sectors on one screen.
  5. pethof


    I am put to "Your request for additional trading capabilities is pending approval" for a 2 weeks now. Sent 3 emails, received 2 replies. The last reply stated that their programmers will take care immediatly.

    "Our programmers have assured us that this matter will be resolved by tomorrow.
    If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us."

    This was sent to me at 08/19/2002! Nothing is done. IB is treating me like an annoying email writer. This is the kind of service you can expect from IB's service!