Trouble with QCharts

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TheFinn, Mar 7, 2001.

1. TheFinn

TheFinn

I am having trouble running Qcharts on my Windows '98 machine at home (256 RAM, 500MHz processor). I am able to log in and use it for about 3 minutes before an error message pops up:

Qcharts
    This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down

Details
    Qcharts caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at blah blah blah

Has anyone else had this problem? I already uninstalled the program and downloaded and re-installed it (twice)- to no avail. I called Qcharts support and the guy told me it was a Windows problem (which pissed me off, frankly. He was obviously just trying to get the problem out of his hands so he blamed it on my system). I'll probably call them back, but just wanted to post here first to see if this problem has occured with anyone else. Thanks.

The Finn

2. trinfo

trinfo

And what if it really is a Windows problem? :)

WORKSFORME.

3. TheFinn

TheFinn

Of course it's a Windows problem, but Qcharts is the only software that shuts down regularly, so they should be able to tell me what is going on since it is THEIR software. At least they should try to walk me through the problem besides just saying "Well, download the software again and re-install." Anyone could have told me that. EVERY problem with Windows is a Windows problem in some respect.
    Did you post that question just for the sake of posting?

4. js1257

js1257

I just downloaded the newest version and it works fine, however when I go the help section and want to send some user feedback I get that same message and it also 86s qcharts. The new version still has a few bugs.

5. TheFinn

TheFinn

Are you running Windows '98? Cable modem or DSL? Just because it works with other people's PCs does not mean it is going to work with EVERYONES. But it still makes it QCharts problem because I am paying $98 a month, they could at least try to help me through it.

6. js1257

js1257

I am running win98,p3,500mhz,320ram, dsl and qcharts 4.1. What version of qcharts do you have? You can also go to http://www.egroups.com and post your question there and see if anyone has had the same problem. I don't think it is a problem with win98. And no qcharts does not give a damn sometimes.

7. ron2368

ron2368

Qcharts,is really stable software. I would delete it and then reinstall it. If that does not work I would do the same with dial up networking as it seems that some file is corrupted. just my idea.