Trouble sleeping

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cashmoney69, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Cutten

Cutten

The old advice is "Sell down to the sleeping point".

#51     Nov 15, 2006
  2. crnindia

crnindia

Till you do not enjoy trading, you will never earn in trading. And you can enjoy only when you follow all rules of trading. The rules of trading you can get from any site.

#52     Nov 15, 2006
  3. Finally, you're showing some potential, C69!

Your present display of obsession is <b>great leap forward</b> from this sorry display of pikerthink.

Nearly all great traders are obsessed with their work. They say neurosis is bad? Well, maybe if you're an accountant or a mailman. For the trader however, a supposedly 'unhealthy' obsession with one's work is a <b>mandatory</b> perquisite for greatness!

Here's something that a guy with a healthy, balanced perspective on life would say: (Translation: No neurosis- no riches. He's clearly a piker.)

#53     Nov 15, 2006
  4. romik

romik

Great post.

#54     Nov 15, 2006
  5. Impressive.

Only a great trader (or at least someone with the potential to become one) has the capacity to appreciate that post. The 90%-ers probably hate it.

#55     Nov 15, 2006
  6. romik

romik

no easy ride :D

When I used to study jazz piano I used to rehearse 5-6 hours per day, when I ran a restaurant I used to be there a minimum of 12 hours per day 7 days a week. Nothing new here, if you really want something, a certain price has to be paid and time sacrificed, it's 5am in the UK, I think I managed a couple hours sleep. It's not a big deal IMO.

#56     Nov 16, 2006
  7. O.K. My 2 cents.

1. I trade better when I have slept, even if its just 30 min. for a while I could only go to sleep at 5 AM.

2. Alcohol works only for short term, after about 3 days it creates insomnia, and will work to incite depression.

3. Microfoam RULES!

4. Melatonin only works to reset schedule. It will not overcome alcohol.

5. Your sleep depravation is not really trader related. most kids at christmas fall asleep. You need to address the real problem before it create others.

Hopes this helps. Of course its 1am right now, lol

#57     Nov 16, 2006
  8. taleb31

taleb31

I agree with this 100%. I think this is a prerequisite for success in most things in life, most notably occupations where sucking your boss and playing the political game won't get you to the top (i.e. not for the 90%-ers)

#58     Nov 16, 2006
  9. cks316

cks316

I am also a college students and was considering day trading, but changed my mind to trade over 2 or 3 months at a time. This way I'll still learn about the markets and have time to enjoy my last year.

You really should take it easy bro... i'm with optionpoet, find a chickenhead around campus to take your mind off things (these are the best years of your like... so my professors said).

#59     Nov 17, 2006
  10. --

life? :p

---

Maybe to some. I go to Community College...its not like I go to the University of Wisconsin (#1 party school). It's the same as High school, except some of your classmates are old enough to be your mom :(

#60     Nov 17, 2006