Trouble sleeping

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by cashmoney69, Oct 23, 2006.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Buy ETFS, less risk, more diversification!!!!!

#21     Oct 23, 2006
  2. Your behaviour (trading too many hours, being on top of things) may be worsening the problem with achieving consistent profitability. Most of us have found that we need to step back when such problems occur.

So reducing hours (setting fixed times) and spending more time on review and making your system consistent may help. Maybe.

#22     Oct 23, 2006
  3. Cancel all your real time data subscriptions.

Simple:)

#23     Oct 24, 2006
  4. I would just stay flat at the end of the day.

#24     Oct 24, 2006
  5. Sounds like you are overleveraged. You probably need to trade 1/3 the size you're currently trading to sleep well and to avoid blowing out your account in less than 3 mos time.

#25     Oct 24, 2006
  6. dont sleep.

Make money.

Hire a nice call girl (or pick up one)

Sleep.

Repeat.

Cycle continues until u have your own honey. In whcih case u wont need to hire a call girl :p

#26     Oct 24, 2006
  7. Trouble sleeping is one of the many symptoms of depression.

Trouble sleeping includes not being able to fall asleep within a short time of going to bed, not being able to sleep the same hours you are normally used to and early morning awakenings where you cannot return to sleep.

This can be aggravated when your body becomes accustomed to effectively working afternoon/night shift.

If you do not suspect depression, the first thing you should try is to get your hours back to normal. Get up in the morning. Same time every day. Sleep at night. Same time every night.

#27     Oct 24, 2006
  8. fxtc

fxtc

Great advice. That's exactly what I did 6 months ago and can now sleep normally again.

#28     Oct 25, 2006
  9. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

For position trades (aka overniters) I use stops. And I say to myself, "I will be stopped out. Can I live with the loss? Given my history of wins/losses on my position trades... yes."

Take a swig of gin then out the light.

(kidding out the gin.)

#29     Oct 25, 2006
  10. 4re

4re

Cash,
    The fact is everybody goes through spells of sleeplessness. Whether yours is caused by anxiety over your trades or depression or whatever you need to identify the cause and find a way to remedy it. I really don't know if you are looking for help from ET posters or if you are just writing your thoughts for everyone to see but most of the problems you post here on ET are fairly simple to remedy with some thought and common sense. The problem seems to be self induced but you want to solve it on your terms. I have seen good people on here with sound advice and you blow them off everytime. You have done the same on several other threads you have started as well and nothing seems to fit your way of doing things. I doubt if you will believe what I am saying or whether you will change so I will keep my solutions to myself. They have already been mentioned in here. If you are really worried about this problem spend the night going through the responses in here and think about each one of them. You should find the answer. If you are not willing to make some changes you should not ask for advice.

#30     Oct 25, 2006