Trouble sleeping :(

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Kastro_316, Jan 13, 2006.

1. u are not alone... I got problem sleeping after an exciting day or a depressing day.

I convince myself to sleep early at night because I need to be sharp the next day. Consider you have to battle the next day, it's a good idea to discipline yourself to a good sleeping habit.

#61     Jan 18, 2006
  2. I would say 3 to 4 corona or Budweiser should be able to get your a good sleep
    : )

#62     Jan 18, 2006
  3. Urkel

Urkel

I have trouble sleeping as well mainly falling asleep. There are some nights when i lie in bed for an hour+ unable to fall asleep it sucks. Tried alot of things but sleep medication. I am currently back in the gym so hopefully that will help, but its after midnight and I am still up:(

#63     Jan 19, 2006
  4. Sleeping is overrated (LOL).
    Seriously, one thing has (usually) a good effect on me is to do a ritual 20 minutes of yoga just before going to bed.

#64     Jan 19, 2006
  5. alcohol can act as a stimulant to several areas of the brain. Meaning, having a few drinks before bed can cause restlessness and your body could exhibit mild characteristics of anxiety. Does that sound like a grand idea before bed? Everyone's body reacts to alcohol intake in different ways, so of course some could have no problems getting to sleep with a few drinks, others it could actually act as a sleep aid. It all depends on the amount of alcohol consumption relative to the person's metabolic characteristics. Over consumption can lead to unconsciousness. But that amount of alcohol usually leads to dehydration. And most studies indicate that dehydration plays a very significant role in the intensity of hangovers. Oh yeah, I knew there was something I had been forgetting... Hangovers.

Try relaxing your body and mind... Naturally [and that doesn't mean smoking pot]... It works for me and it could probably work for you, too.

If you still insist on drinking alcohol before bed, try absinthe...[yes it's illegal to buy for consumption, yes it IS legal to purchase vintage bottles as a piece of a collection] one drink will make your dreams crazier than the movie, "Pink Floyd: The Wall"

[PS] Do not ask me where to buy absinthe, I will claim I've never even heard of it... Please do not dispute any claim of absinthe being legal or illegal, regardless of the purchaser's intent... I personally know of someone bringing it through customs, just as someone else may know of it being confiscated by customs...

#65     Jan 19, 2006
  6. just21

just21

I have bought five kilos of epsom salts, how much do I put in the bath?

#66     Jan 19, 2006
  7. all of it...

#67     Jan 19, 2006