Trouble sleeping :(

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Kastro_316, Jan 13, 2006.

1. True. Sleep is a waste of time. Your body will pass out when it needs to... :p

#41     Jan 14, 2006
  2. I wish I did not have to sleep..So much wasted time. :)

#42     Jan 14, 2006
  3. #43     Jan 14, 2006
  4. Instead of the shake (you mean a protein shake? bad idea) you could try some chai tea;
    Leave out the potentially stimulant spices like ginger etc, and go heavy on the NUTMEG , garam marsala etc.

Be sure to sweeten with honey not sugar, and serve it hot.

Might help.:)

#44     Jan 14, 2006
  5. Ambien works great. Check it out.

#45     Jan 14, 2006
  6. Melatonin is good and makes you have funny dreams. Sex and/or masturbation also helps a lot:D

#46     Jan 14, 2006

7. agreed

anyone who takes a warm/hot bath in Epsom Salt - and doesn't feel like a total limp noodle afterwards -- needs to see a doc soon. It is absolutely guaranteed to make you relaxed - as if you took a sedative. Be careful not to overdo the time.

Only one thing better. :p

#47     Jan 14, 2006
  8. Don't be recommending that to him. Whas' wrong with you?!

Coffee is the number one drink in the world. Everybody drinks it. Even little kids in Mexico drink coffee. Drink coffee. lt'll make you feel better. It picks you up and calms you down.

lt's the lifeblood that drives the dreams of champions!

#48     Jan 16, 2006
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Sorry, it's tough swimming upstream, and now I am doing it without a stimulant. My bad.

Actually, after 3 weeks sans coffee, I had a cup the other day, within a half hour I was so nervous I was practically having auditory hallucinations..... time for me to quit for sure, everybody else can keep on with it if they like of course.

One more sleeping suggestion, two actually, one is a cup of warm milk [seems infantile but it works] , another surefire one is progressive tense and relaxation. You start with your toes and tense and relax every muscle you can find. There is a tension cycle wherein your thoughts cause tension and the tension keeps you thinking, you break it with the tense-relax. That is from the same book that the quote "if it feels good do it" from the 60's. was from [for a bit of psychology book trivia].

Actually the tense-relax thing works for songs that are running through your head. If you find that you are subvocalizing the songs, [moving your vocal chords but not making much of a sound], you can tense-relax the vocal chords by singing out just a sliding note from as low pitch as you can do to the highest pitch you can do. Repeat that until the song stuck in your head subsides, take two aspirin, get some rest and PM me in two weeks. :)

#49     Jan 16, 2006
  10. Nice suggestions!

Warm milk? Yick... nastaaay...

#50     Jan 17, 2006