trouble finding broker for my low balenced account

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by upandcomer, Mar 22, 2008.

1. hi, i currently have a very low balenced account. I use scottrade right now and really hate it. It has no features and is horribly expensive for me at 7 dollars a trade. All I am looking for is a reasonable brokerage that won't fuck me over with fees and high commissions but i havnt been able to find anything decent.

I seem to like IB but dont believe i can afford it. MBtrading seems like it would be ok but apparantly it has bad quotes and is unreliable?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what broker would cater me best?

BTW-i have searched the reviews on here.

thanks a lot

-eric

2. From your post your main concerns are high fees and low commissions. Scottrade has a better commission rate than Schwab, E-Trade, Fidelity, and TD Ameritrade. No maintenance fees, no inactivity fees, no transfer fees, basically zero additional, unnecessary fees.

As far as features:
    online, same day funding for stocks >4 and mutual funds
    s&p, reuters research reports
    real time streaming quotes
    Gainskeeper for tracking gains/losses and helpful during tax time
    $25,000,000 in account coverage
    enhanced mutual fund center,
    ETF center
    stock screener
    Dow Jones Tomorrow's News Today Free

#1 advantage-largest branch office network in the country.

I'll agree w/most everyone on this forum that Scottrade may not be the best for a daytrader, but from the sounds of it I think they're your best bet...

If you have an issue, call your local branch manager or stop in the office and convey your issues w/him and see what happens.