Trouble again: Quote.com

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Cheese, Dec 4, 2003.

1. It would be great if eSignal would just buy Qcharts so I could use Qcharts with a eSignal datafeed & also give them tick charts.

Until then Quotetracker works great for what I need it to do.

#21     Dec 6, 2003
  2. And the last time I used Esignal was at the Redwood Trading office in Vegas during the Trade Expo in November (Friday the 21st). I did not care for the T&S window I used in November on the 21st...I will check and see what version of Esignal that Redwood is using. Thanks for all the input!

Good Fortunes!

Chris

#22     Dec 6, 2003
  3. I have also tried the other competitors over the years. Had PCQuote from around 1997-2000 and E-Signal briefly in 2002. The reasons I prefer QCharts are similar to those mentioned in this thread. I especially like the fact that I can look at intra-day data on a futures contract going back a number of years; I like the fact that I can graph an individual options strike over a few weeks or months. I also like their FibTools and find them superior to most of the other quote providers. Granted, I could find most of what I like about QCharts in a third party add-on software package with an E-Signal feed. Someday, I might feel that is necessary. Another aspect that keeps with QCharts is the fact that the markets in general have less range, hence the minute to minute fluctuations are not as violent as they were in 99-00. At that time, a lagging Qcharts feed could have cost a fortune in missed executions/opportunities...

#23     Dec 6, 2003
  4. skim

skim

Qcharts has been a challenge recently, but it's not all bad ... my tape reading ability has improved enormously thanks to the kangaroo feed. :D

#24     Dec 6, 2003
  5. a320

a320

Qcharts have the best charts I've ever used:) but the feed probs are a concern:(
    NeoTicker's software is also good, but picking the feed is the hard part... also any commits on DTNIQ would be welcome.
    As the esignal guy says changing data package is a big thing..

Hi Skim:)

a320

#25     Dec 6, 2003
  6. skim

skim

Evening Mr Airbus :)

Changing data feeds really is a big pain - in the past I've run two feeds side-by-side for two months before dropping the old one.

These hiccups with the Qcharts datafeed are not, yet, worth me considering changing software.

And tape reading isn't too bad for short periods.

#26     Dec 6, 2003
  7. Atlantic

Atlantic

... same sh*t - different day - anyone else?

#27     Dec 8, 2003
  8. logged me out this am, now fine

#28     Dec 8, 2003
  9. Cheese

Cheese

Yes, pile of sh*t is down again, won't log me in .. with the YM opening a few minutes to go

#29     Dec 8, 2003
  10. We will see what happens though...I am now on version 4.5, but I am sure this does not make any difference at all for server outages.

Chris

a320...you an Airbus (scarebus) guy...wrench or pilot? I worked them at NWA for 8 years...let me know. :)

#30     Dec 8, 2003