Troops returning

Discussion in 'Politics' started by omegapoint, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Yannis

Yannis

Who/How Created AlQaeda?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VnV_pNe_BB0&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VnV_pNe_BB0&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:(

#11     Aug 19, 2010
  2. cstfx

cstfx

So, troops leave and market down triple digits.

Maybe Iran next to prop up the market?

#12     Aug 19, 2010
  3. Thats kinda backwards isn't it. Used to be when troops came home it was a cause for celebration. I realize it was the unemployment figures but that just tells of the insignificance of
    them coming home. I was undercelebrated for what it ought to
    mean. When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again ...WGAF, Bret Favres back?

#13     Aug 19, 2010
  4. Tell that to the vietnam veterans.

#14     Aug 20, 2010
  5. You're right, they weren't exactly welcomed back with open arms.
    They shouldn't have gone in the first place. Now these troops will come back to opportunities it's said they risked their lives for and
    have to be told that corporate shipped them overseas ....and kept the difference in profit.

#15     Aug 20, 2010
  6. Wallet

Wallet

I don' think the average G.I. had a choice, unless you side with the draft dodgers.

#16     Aug 20, 2010
  7. That's kind of harsh, but sometimes the truth is harsh. As one one those that shouldn't have gone, but did so voluntarily, it would have been nice to have all the information available at the time the decsion was made. You see, as an 18 year old, I bought the bullshit my government was feeding me. Can you really blame an 18 year old for that? Fast forward to this war and it's the same game. Government lies and the kids die. I really can't blame the young men and women that fell for the story. Perhaps I empathize with them too much. But I damn sure blame the government, back then and now. Nothing has changed and I suppose it never will.

#17     Aug 20, 2010
  8. Draft dodgers just weren't going to fall for the communist scare dominoe theory tactic. That cow has been milked dry. I'm not going to get myself killed unless everybody is. Seems to me that every soldier killed anywhere should have their family get compensated largely, 7 figures, and tax the arm chair patriots and everybody else for it. Whats it worth to
    risk your life? Certainly not having your opportunity shipped overseas and the difference in profit kept by somebody who stayed home.

#18     Aug 20, 2010
  9. Why did presidents Kennedy and Johnson, and a democrat congress get the US into the Vietnam war?

#19     Aug 20, 2010
  10. Ricter

Ricter

It was Eisenhower who started US involvement, with his "advisers" in '54.

#20     Aug 20, 2010