TRIN or TICK...the HUGE Question...very serious and important..please read!!

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by increasenow, Sep 25, 2007.

1. just had a guy, ...totally Blast any worth of the TICK...he says it is all in the PREM...thoughts?

#31     Sep 26, 2007
  2. yep..he blasted the TICK...said it is worthless...thoughts?

#32     Sep 26, 2007
  3. I don't see where anyone blasted TICK, maybe you mean in real life where you are.

TICK is just part of the overall snapshot taken every second of every day to help with short term reversals. PREM/DISC is very important, as are the pivot points, etc.

I only keep a handful of indicators, based on the current "engine of the day' and the basics, TICK happens to be one my brother and I rely on, not a big deal.

Don

#33     Sep 26, 2007
  4. RL8093

RL8093

Increase,
    Watching your posts reminds me of watching the ball zip around in one of those older pinball arcade games - you zip from indicator to indicator (& prior to that from sif to sif, iirc). As others have frequently told you, there is no holy grail. The closest thing to it is price action and the only way to get that knowledge is rigorous, focused study w/ lots of notes under many different market conditions over an extended period of time.

The indicators can have some value, but their true worth comes after you've used one through many different conditions so you understand what it is telling you.

The market is a big puzzle w/ many interacting, constantly-changing pieces. Zipping around, trying to find one 'secret' is a waste of time and will insure you make little actual progress...

Best of luck in your endeavors ...

R

#34     Sep 26, 2007
  5. doctoroe

doctoroe

We use a one minute total market TICK chart as a secondary indicator, but only for scalping, since it can turn on a dime, just as the market does. Now and then it leads, which is helpful.
    Like anything else, watch it, see if it is helpful to your particular method, and if not, move on.

#35     Sep 26, 2007
  6. jd7419

jd7419

Thanks for the reply edgehunter. What is dde/rtd feed?

#36     Sep 26, 2007
  7. RealTimeDistributor and DirectDataExchange. All our Redi machines give our traders the DDE information for everything we have quotes on or indicators, etc. Redi also ties into Excel, so we can program in Excel with Redi data for free. And we can write to the API as well for more advanced programming.

Don

#37     Sep 26, 2007
  8. jd7419

jd7419

Thanks Don

#38     Sep 26, 2007
  9. thanks...actually, I am very serious about all of this...I am a "question guy" and believe in exploring different ideas..no harm done and not asking "fake" questions...thanks...!!..oh yea, I did play Atari in the 70's :)

#39     Sep 26, 2007
  10. thanks Sir...I totally agree..they blasted TICK privatelly to me...

#40     Sep 26, 2007