TRIN exploding!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GreenDog, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Expecting a SQUEEZE this afternoon. As of now 10:40 West Coast I have covered all shorts!

Will not enter long until I see evidence of the *pop*

gd

2. sherif24

sherif24

I would hesitate to believe we're having a short squeeze on a Friday in this environment...

I'm not saying it's impossible, but the odds are overwhelmingly against it.

3. no time to post more, but when the ARMS Index hits yearly highs -- you might want to consider covering shorts and going long.

An opportunity like this presents itself rarely and should be taken advantage of!

4. sherif24

sherif24

Learning what?

An attempt at a bounce is just that, but to me a major squeeze is something a little more serious..

5. Well, Squeeze, bounce, rally, it doesn't matter what you call it intraday. We are 100 points higher than we were when this thread was started.

Good call!

6. sold and went short when spoos reversed HARD around 810-ish -- short MSFT now but will be quick to cover!

tough to post and trade!

7. sherif24

sherif24

Briefing.com says

15:04 ET Equities rebound on rumor dockworkers near settlement; retailers lead recovery

Hey, looks like you caught a nice bounce there.

8. "briefing.com"

never make a decision without'em (you must be joking).

you probably just missed the spoo discount of sub-2 as well!

(or did they interview one of the dockworkers on CNBC - LOL)

... spoos really fell off a cliff @ 12:30 PST!

9. sherif24

sherif24

Actually, I'm not joking. I think it's entirely possible that we bounced on that kind of rumor. I didn't say Briefing was ahead of the story, we all know they're almost always behind the curve.

Still, I'd hardly call it a squeeze...but hey sounds like you made a good play there, so I'm not one to get down on ya.

10. that was not the yrly high for $trin

I believe it was made in late july

anyway ... thanks for posting on elite trader

#10     Oct 4, 2002