TRIN and es

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by destined, Dec 11, 2002.

1. as indicators for very profitable trades almost every day. But who is going to believe me? If that's too simple (and it is very simple to use them) then it must be suspicious.

Fine with me...

#11     Dec 11, 2002
  2. Gee, why I am not surprised...

#12     Dec 11, 2002
  3. Whamo

Whamo

Wally,

Did you really expect people not to give you grief after all the bragging you've done about that super simple secret system of yours????

#13     Dec 11, 2002
  4. Actually, TRIN, TRIX and other indicators don't correlate well with ES and NQ. I did some backtesting and had 48% 1 min. bar to bar a few weeks back. But it does help you when you want to filter out min. to min. fakeout entries.

I think I used:

On the 1 min.

If TRIN > 0 and *Buy Signal* then Buy;
    If TRIN < 0 and *Sell Signal* then Sell;

TRIN > TRIN[1] and TRIN cross over 0 didn't work so well.

But it all depends on the system. I was using a very short term MACD for the filtering test.

Just my 2 cents

#14     Dec 11, 2002
  5. nitro

nitro

All of them are on my screen to help me get the story correct.

Have I taken a trade because of any of them suggested a trade - you bet! But to blindly do so on a daily basis is probably not correct IMHO.

The spoos are constantly keying off many things...It is like a novel unfolding in front of you everyday.

nitro

#15     Dec 12, 2002
  6. The breadth issues are valuable to me in trading. What would be great to have but is quite difficult to find would be breadth data for the sp. In years such as '99 with divergence much of the breadth data was less accurate.

#16     Dec 12, 2002
  7. I personally would be interested in the numbers you use for tick and trin to help in deciding on weather to take a short or long signal .
    thanks

#17     Dec 12, 2002
  8. guido

guido

I find out that trin is helpfully in its turn I mean i don't care at his value (1 neutral, 1,5 bearish 0.8 bullish)but i care when it's turn
    in combination with what i see on the chart I couldn't trade without it.

#18     Dec 12, 2002
  9. wizdom2

wizdom2

TRIN or TICK are somewhat useful in themselves, but I find them to be much more useful when also used with u/d volume indicators for confirmation. For example, if TRIN > .8 and u/d vol < 1.5 i would give the low TRIN much more respect than if the u/d volume was > 1.5. The same goes for TRIN < 1.25 and u/d vol > .667.

My 2 Cents

#19     Dec 12, 2002
  10. guido

guido

Good point wiz
    But how do you measure volume??
    1.5 what? Yesterday volume? Average volume? Spike?
    thanks!

#20     Dec 12, 2002