Trillium Trading...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by thecycle, Jul 29, 2003.

1. I just got an offer of $500/wk for a period of one year (training period). After 16 wks, I would get $300-400k firm capital (though I haven't learned the commission rate yet). Expected return is $10k+ / mo. Being somewhat new to the industry (ivy-league undergrad), I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me if this is a reasonable deal.

Thanks

#11     Mar 13, 2004
  2. axehawk

axehawk

$500 a week salary is unheard of these days.
    The commission rate is the most important factor. If they give you a crappy rate, then make sure you don't sign a contract.

#12     Mar 14, 2004
  3. alanm

alanm

axe: Is $500 low or high (for someone with no experience and no capital)?

#13     Mar 14, 2004
  4. axehawk

axehawk

I would say it's high because no one is actually paying a salary these days.

I think the only equity firm I heard of paying any salary is First NY Securities.

#14     Mar 14, 2004
  5. Thanks so much for the help, axe. I'll talk to the recruiter about commissions monday.

#15     Mar 14, 2004
  6. damasterous

damasterous Guest

Heartland got acquired by Schonfeld when they got taken down by the SEC. The old Heartland managers and traders formed a division of Schonfeld called Trillium Trading. I feel the SEC suit was just to make an example of daytrading firms. All heartland was doing was using the old SOES system when it wasn't supposed to, and you could only use it every 30 secs...in a time when everyone was trading via ECNs anyway. Very few people were using that SOES system back then....in the time of internet stocks you had to pay way through the offer to even buy stock...an inside market soes would get you nothing. They shouldn't have even messed with SOES as no one needed it or used it.

Trillium is a good group of traders and managers and most are Ivy league graduates. Combined with Schonfelds more analytic and quantitaive approach to trading they make a prosperous environment to be a part of.

I no longer work there but I have nothing but good words for all of them.

#16     Mar 18, 2004
  7. Sounds good to me. I think I'll take the offer.

#17     Mar 18, 2004
  8. Dogen3

Dogen3

Does Trillium have a web site or a contact number?

#18     Mar 19, 2004
  9. look under schonfeld group

#19     Mar 19, 2004
  10. The best info. to be had online may well be through the Schoney site at www.schonfeld.com. I know the office on 5th avenue is shared with Trillium, LLC. Other than that, though, you may just like to check directories in NYC, Miami, Boston, or Edison, NJ.

#20     Mar 19, 2004