Trillium Trading Career

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Kyle Waters, Dec 25, 2006.

1. I recently received an offer from Trillium Trading out of college. Now I think I've come to the conclusion that this is one of the most respected prop firms.

I'm trying to figure out how this move will help my career. Say I am a good trader- will this job help me get jobs outside of Trillium if I wanted? (ie Banks, Hedge Funds)

Would I even want those jobs if I am good?

I'm really excited about the career prospect but I was wondering if anyone knew. I saw some Trillium guys went on to attend some top Bus-Schools but that isn't my hopeful future.

Thanks

2. It's all about how pretty it looks on your résumé and what kind of performance you have while you're there.

To help your career and climb ladders, 1.) the position needs to catch the eye of the recruiter, and 2.) you have to show that you did something with it. In the end, you could be something as lame as an office manager grabbing paper for the printer, but if you helped the office run 25% more efficiently, then that turns heads.

I tried to get a job at Trillium. Salary looks really nice in this industry!

Good luck, my friend.