Trigger: BZUN Hits a Technical Trigger, Right Now

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by CML_Ophir, Aug 21, 2018.

1. srinir

srinir

What are you talking about? I didn't make any comment before that post. I just asked whether you don't follow your own rules.

#11     Sep 11, 2018
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

How did these trades (CML's....not just this thread) work out?
    He posted a couple...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    #12     Sep 11, 2018
  3. CML_Ophir

CML_Ophir

Oh, perhaps I got comment confused with a different person, sorry about that.

I use the back-tester to find trades and optimize them, but I do follow my own rules from time-to-time, as I know most of our members do. I do follow the rules compulsively in other areas, but not with technicals.

#13     Sep 11, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Hey.
    I meant no disrespect btw...
    I was actually genuinely interested in how things worked out.

The Desterio thing was a slam on another member here, not you.

The reason I asked was because of all the sponsors here.... you've captured my attention as a possible worthwhile spend. I meant to write a post prior to LULU's ER to see how it worked out in your system but I didn't.

$89/month puts you in a league of about 3 dozen premium services....

Still watching.

#14     Sep 11, 2018
  5. destriero

destriero

vanzandt, you would love CML. Ophir is 0/4 and he still beats your win rate. Just sell your shopping cart.

#15     Sep 11, 2018
  6. Ophir this is not the point - you had better timing than me perhaps. However whichever way you look at it this does not qualify as a "Mammoth Bull Run" unless your Mammoths are truly puny:
    bzun1.jpg
    Mammoth: huge.
    "a mammoth corporation"
    synonyms: huge, enormous, gigantic, giant, colossal, massive, vast, immense, mighty, stupendous, monumental, Herculean, epic, prodigious, mountainous, monstrous, titanic, towering, elephantine, king-sized, king-size, gargantuan, Brobdingnagian;

You cannot seriously claim that this was more than a random rise that quickly reversed. I am subscribed to CML and have done great with the earnings related research. Here however the risk is considerably higher as with the earnings trades the rising volatility will help a 40 delta call In this trade the fall of the stock would have set you back thousands of bucks with your advice to hold to expiration.

BTW you misread what I said, I took the trade but as a ratio so there was no money in it - in fact credit and the position will likely expire with all options worthless for a fair gain. My suggestion to you is to look at strategies where in cases like this you do not bet the farm on timing.

#16     Sep 12, 2018