Triangles ect.

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Andy_Trade, Nov 7, 2007.

1. It`s all relative. The casual investor who checks charts once a week would have no problem holding those names for a 10 bagger.

I would say that MTMD is being acquired and there has been a a nice stat arb play for a few months. I know cause a friend of mine gave it to me in August and said "there was a guaranteed .30 in it right here going to deal".(he was spot on)

You are right though. It only takes 1 out of 10 to pay the bills with these types of patterns.

#31     Nov 12, 2007
  2. Spot on. Same holds true for ILA. Both hinge on proxies. Just "lost" OCPI last week,

During the latest market cycle, SBC Communications, Cox Commuinications, Sears, Nextel, Michaels Stores, Claires Stores, Georgia Pacific, Golden West, Webex, Damiler Chyrsler, and First Data have all POOF, disappeared due to some form of M&A

Those I don't mind, they were in distribution. It's the ones emerging from multi-year bases after waiting that are aggravating. Point being, investment banking supersedes triangles.

#32     Nov 13, 2007

3. OCPI, funny I got a BUY on that one @ 1.48 on Monday June 1st.

Absolutely. The friend I mentioned that gave me MTMD runs a deep value fund. We chat because my technical scans for the low priced basing stocks happen to pick up alot of the same names that his fundamental scans do. These patterns offer much to the institutions who wish to accumulate oodles of stock.

#33     Nov 13, 2007
  4. mentioned BIDZ as being a nice flag.....today we are rolling.....in the dough

#34     Nov 13, 2007
  5. Damn nice ascending triangle..Good for you!

#35     Nov 13, 2007