Triangles ect.

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Andy_Trade, Nov 7, 2007.

1. This one has three:

#21     Nov 11, 2007
  2. Not thru the "A's" yet, How 'bout this one?

• ati.jpg
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
    #22     Nov 11, 2007
  3. Here's one I missed. Quite painful.

The ADX, assuming a 14 day default, wouldn't have had you buying at $21. Once the ADX is above 40, it's not sustainable. Price trend however IS.

• crs.jpg
      File size:
      58.7 KB
      Views:
    #23     Nov 11, 2007
  4. Oops, back to the "A's"

• axe.jpg
      File size:
      60.7 KB
      Views:
    #24     Nov 11, 2007
  5. One more "A" for the road. Hopefully you get the gist.

Incidently the preceding are ELAPSED. No longer viable candidates, yet, you'll find the volume considerably higher (and the news better) than at the apex. Pssst, those are clues.

"It's" all about the merchandising of paper.

• axr.jpg
      File size:
      64.4 KB
      Views:
    #25     Nov 11, 2007
  6. Here's one that should eventually "do it's thing" We'll call that a 7 year base (and an ascending triangle) On a two year chart, it would......................look too high. Present ADX is 30. That's slight misnomer because ADX , via DI+ and DI- uses the incremental change from H1 to H2 (or L1 to L2) whereas I use closing prices only. Hence and RSI and a NET DMI would be precisely the same .

Here to make money not dwell on details.

• urre.jpg
      File size:
      58.3 KB
      Views:
    #26     Nov 11, 2007
  7. Nice charts efficiency! I trade flat base breakouts and cup and handles from a weekly basis also.

Attached is a view of a daily chart based pattern that I actually took. Using the setup I posted about earlier

In TA it is often said that "the flag flys half mast"...and it certainly was for this one! I find that these patterns are often a work in progress. You will draw a line...price will test and breach and you have to redraw..etc. Thats why waiting for the breakout to confirm is important.

As a side note, notice the pennant that ONXX is forming right now...interesting!

• flag.gif
      File size:
      72.8 KB
      Views:
    #27     Nov 12, 2007
  8. I have BIDZ as a congestion/triangle. lets see where it is a month from now. :cool:

SImiliar chart to ONXX

#28     Nov 12, 2007
  9. Yes those are nice charts. But what the reader(s) doesn't consider is all the charts I didn't show, the headfakes, false breakouts, surprise gaps, etc. Nor the fortitude to hold those nice charts like a bucking bronco.

It only takes a few of those to make all the BS worthwhile.

While I...........a...................have you on the line, perhaps you'd want to give me an interpretation of the attached very thin stock, eh?

#29     Nov 12, 2007
  10. And, a more condensed view:

#30     Nov 12, 2007