Tri Monitor and Dual Video Card Setup Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cszulc, Aug 26, 2007.

1. cszulc

cszulc

Hi there,

Just recently built a new trading computer for my self and got two dual-DVI NVIDIA video cards for it. I connected two to the first card (connected to PCI-E bus 1), and the other to the second card which is connected to PCI-E bus 4.

Computer detects the 2nd card and drivers, but the 3rd monitor (solely connected to the 2nd card) flickers on and off appearing to switch between Analog and Digital, which what it says on the screen. This happened when I at first connected the 2nd monitor to the 1st card but hitting AUTO Source on the buttom of the monitors did the trick, but not on the 3rd.

Monitors are all Samsung 906BW 19" WS and the video cards are both XFX Nvidia 8600 GTs.

If you have any insight into how I can fix this, please let me know. I tried going through the Windows troubleshooting, but that was no help (obviously!).

Thanks!

2. chartie

chartie

I’m not familiar with Samsung’s monitor. But just in case you haven’t done so, try to eliminate the problem by:

1. Switch the 3rd monitor to the other connector on the same v-card
    2. Switch the 3rd monitor with the 1st or 2nd monitor
    3. Switch the 2 v-cards
    4. Run the display optimization wizard (from Nvidia display control panel)

Good luck!

3. I also have Nvidia digital cards and 3 monitors.

See if there is a manual way to set whether the input is analog or digital on the monitors, that was my problem.

ALso as the above poster mentioned do a little switch and see if it happens on the other monitors. Try the other head output on the 2nd card.