Trends in random data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Ciatronic, Nov 20, 2010.

1. gucci

gucci

You can not be serious. One of the most powerful variables to determine the non randomness is amiss. This is like an exercise in a kindergarten. WTF? What the hell was it thought to proof?

#41     Nov 21, 2010
  2. Pizzaboy

Pizzaboy

OMG! I thought this was elitetrader, not noob central This statement clearly shows why most of you believe in TA, you are lacking a basic fundamental understanding of how markets even work. More buyers than sellers, the brain trust above states. There are never ever more buyers than sellers. It's always equal... Duh!

This basic misunderstanding and a lack of mathematical competence give rise to all kinds of witchcraft like TA . Please, if you do not understand the basics take the time to learn. Stop spreading the same nonsense over over again.

#42     Nov 21, 2010
  3. Pizzaboy

Pizzaboy

And what would that be?

#43     Nov 21, 2010
  4. Try this one, surprisingly very few people even with math and CS degrees get it right:

How many times faster does the minute hand move relative to the hour hand?

Don't write it down, don't google it, and don't spend more than 5 minutes thinking on it :D

The answer to your problem is: ( ( 2 / 2 / 2 ) * ( 10 * 10 ) ) :cool:

#44     Nov 21, 2010
  5. Now here's a moronic statement from Surf's new alias.
    You all know surf, right? The fat bald hedge fund shill that makes a living power selling pump & dump firms shitty products.
    Love the new nic too.
    Matches the sophomoric mentality . . . pizzafaceboy.
    Anyone want to take wagers on how long this nic will last before it's banned?

#45     Nov 21, 2010
  6. Pizzaboy

Pizzaboy

What on earth are you talking about? Why not learn how an auction market works instead of being don quiote stabbing at imaginary windmills? I am surprised no one else called you out on the more buyers than sellers make the market move up statement. It just goes to show how few actually read or care what's on these threads. You should start back at step one, then maybe you will see how ridiculous this statement is. Maybe just admit how little you really know, then you can learn things the correct way.

#46     Nov 21, 2010
  7. Visaria

Visaria

I have not really thought about this before, but after doing so, pizzaboy is correct. In a futures market, the number of contracts bought on any given day must equal the number sold.

So the question then is how do prices move as opposed to why they move?

#47     Nov 21, 2010
  8. Never looked at orders in the DOM huh.
    To say that at any given moment there are an equal number of buy orders to sell orders is ignorant. I should have clarified though that the buy/sell inequality comes at each price level.

Remember the flash crash.
    Remember the large sell order that caused the drastic drop in the market. That sell order gobbled up the orders at each price level traveling further down as soon as each increment was filled.

#48     Nov 21, 2010
  9. Pizzaboy

Pizzaboy

Thanks viseria. Proflogic will now scramble trying to make sense of his statement instead of just admitting he is wrong. Not admitting you are wrong is the worse trait a trader can have. Plus just wait for the tirade of personal attacks that are sure to follow from this self styled yet unaware guru type. Get ready to get a private message inviting you to buy an expensive pamphlet or attend a free seminar soon.

STEALTH VENDOR IN DA HOUSE

#49     Nov 21, 2010
  10. I know you have been banned on this site more times than I have fingers and toes.
    I know you are too stupid to follow directions.
    I know you can't trade.
    I know your Euro/US Dollar call lost so much money you refused to acknowledge it in your blog.
    I know you are a shill for pump & dump hedge funds.
    I know you have the manners of a piss ant.
    I know you are an elitist wanna be journalist.

Yes, I don't know a whole lot.

I've forgotten more about math than you could ever remember.

#50     Nov 21, 2010