Trendfollowers: When oh when are we going to start making some $$$?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ash1972, Jun 15, 2010.

1. After further checking we can now put a name and reputation to the Stockta alias.

David Goodboy:
    Multi alias hedge fund huckster from the Philly area and an office in NY that has been banned on ET more times than I have fingers and toes. His infamous "Buy the Euro" call in February of this year at 1.3666 will live on forever.

Davy boy . . . is business so bad for you, you are back to stalking people on the net? Bernie not allowing you to visit him anymore for tips?

Another muke for the banned pile and iggy list.

#51     Jun 17, 2010
  2. LOL, LMAO!!! :D

#52     Jun 17, 2010
  3. Would you like me to post a critque of asian's misunderstandings to point out how a person gets from advanced beginner to expert?

#53     Jun 17, 2010
  4. How do you define "treaded water" quantitatively?

And how would you make sure that your system is not overfitted and/or the markets haven't completely changed?

#54     Jun 17, 2010
  5. My system (in backtest) looked okay in 2009, it was great.

But now it's getting killed in real trading in 2010, not sure if it's due to overfitting...

#55     Jun 17, 2010
  6. Sounds interesting... how to computerize these?

#56     Jun 17, 2010
  7. I have a link to a thread here on ET that outlines the entire process. I'll look for it and post it. As I stated earlier, you should be able to validate any method from free information. If you can't then it should raise a red flag.
    Only trust what you can verify through your own sweat equity.

Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one . . . it's just that some pass the smell test better than others.

#57     Jun 17, 2010
  8. and yours really do not pass any smell test whatsoever.

Snake oil salesman!!!

#58     Jun 17, 2010
  9. mizhael and southall are posting from an inductive orientation. On the other hand proflogic is speaking from a reasoning point of view.

Until a trader or designer makes the shift from induction to deduction, he gets the consequences of non performance.

I certainly do NOT use induction nor do I use support and resistance to construct the reasoning factors. BUT I do use trend following as the basis of my paradigm.

As proflogic points out money is made when traversing from one boundary to another. This is often referred to "being on the correct side of the market". The test of this sentiment does require both market vbariables. As you see profitlogic uses the two variables of the market.

Those using induction are NOT using the two market variables. they are getting the consequences as they sate to us in thier posts. they have questions also. These questions originate as a consequence of not using more than one market variable.

As you see proflogic uses an up and down orientation.

I do not; I use a left/right orientation.

If a person uses principles to construct his system, then it works over all time periods. If a person uses data to construct his system, then it will not perform over time (that is to say, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't).

A shown by some posts, the systems of some people are not neutrally biased. As you see proflogic's system is neutrally biased. there is a definite requirement to be neutrally biased and to define all system components from a neutrally biased viewpoint.

#59     Jun 17, 2010
  10. Yea, giving it away for free is truly something YOU would never understand. Pilfered any copyrighted material lately?

Literally everything I do is outlined here on ET and is free. If you have the intelligence, slightly above moron, to lay it out and validate what I do for yourself you will see whether or not it is something that might work for you. It is always individuals like yourself and Goodboy (Marketsurfer aka Stockta) that aren't the brightest bulbs in the closet that would rather just SAY it can't work because you aren't smart enough to check it out for yourself.

I mean be real, you work for a prop firm because you aren't able to do it on your own. Talk about handicapped.

If you want to turn this into a pissing contest, that it totally up to you. I personally would prefer taking the high road and continuing with the intelligent conversation that was talking place previously. Even you were making sense before your wisecrack.

#60     Jun 17, 2010