Trend Trading--- A must read book!

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by marketsurfer, Oct 5, 2006.

1. It's odd that Amazon doesn't display a publication date for the book. I think I'll wait a few weeks before deciding whether or not to buy it. By then, ten or twenty Amazon customers will have posted reviews, which may provide a clearer picture. Occasionally you come across a book on Amazon where it's completely obvious that the reviewers are "shills", which is helpful data in and of itself.

2. yes, good points, although I believe the book was released earlier in the week. i am fortunate enough to have an advance copy. the authors pedigree at knight really adds value to the book,imho.

regards,

surf

3. VictorS

VictorS

Mktsurf, someting fishy here. All of a sudden you now post a review at Amazon touting the book there also. You also have an advanced copy. Hmmm.....

4. Surdo

Surdo

Take a look at Marketsurfer's review of Michael Covel's Book!
    Another "Fishy" situation.

He recommends the book on Elite Trader, then he bashes the author for quoting him.

5. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

There's nothing wrong with recommending a book.
    I just ordered it with free shipping and no tax.

Worst Case: I return it.
    Best Case: I learn something from it that I can use in my trading.

You can wait for it in the bookstore and read for free if the book is too much of a risk to buy.

6. bought it

7. This book is unique due to Kendricks experience as a MM for Knight as VP. He has an understanding of volatility related to risk and is able to explain this critical concept in a very detailed and actionable manner--- something I have never seen in another trading type book.

regards,

surf

8. I imagine this applies primarily to longer term trading? Its hard to find good information applicable to daytrading.

9. well they are marketmakers. $35 bucks to find out seems cheap.

#10     Oct 5, 2006