trend lines [part 1]

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cashmoney69, Apr 19, 2006.

1. To clarify a couple things for you, Volume Bars don't move in minute increments they move in user defined volume increments so there can be no such thing as a 5 minute Volume Bar.

Trends don't reverse with the creation of one specific point as well. It takes breaking through a specific price range created by the extreme oscillations established in the existing trend to allow a reversing trend to immerge. This being the case, a trader can see entry points play out leasurely. Missing an entry by one bar then is no major loss . . . unless the trend you are following and the environment you are trading is one of scalping. Then there are no rules.

I absolutely agree that indicators are only for confirmation but that doesn't make them useless.

#51     May 22, 2006
  2. Atlantic

Atlantic

i'm afraid i don't understand - if i trade for example with a 5 minute chart - and there is one volume bar per price bar - then what?

#52     May 23, 2006
  3. If you trade with minute charts each bar is consists of all the transactions that occurred in that minute increment time frame. Volume Bar Charts are charts where each bar is made up of a user defined number of contracts or shares traded per bar. Volume Bar Charts omit the variable aspect of viewing price because the time factor is eliminated. It's makes a big difference. Like watching HD TV versus the signal coming in from an antenna.

#53     May 23, 2006
  4. Atlantic

Atlantic

i think we're talking about two different things.

#54     May 23, 2006
  5. Hi !

Just a question !!
    Is still eminilocal working?? I try to send them an email but i always get it back :mad:

#55     Nov 22, 2006
  6. vedanta

vedanta

Hi Jack

I tried to contact you but you are not accepting emails, can you email a copy of this draft handout or explain how I can get it ?

Thankyou

#56     Nov 23, 2006