trend lines [part 1]

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by cashmoney69, Apr 19, 2006.

1. cmaxb

cmaxb

My lame attempt at recreating Grob's techniques on Bund

#21     Apr 23, 2006

2. You have an approach that really captures the performance of price on a given type of cycling.

You have shown a lot of practioners how to use your approach and it is refined greatly.

By using it a person can continually use an instrument to make money (long or short or in range bound markets.

I regard this an achievement that is profound.

If the many methods of trading were grouped as they group basketball leagues, your stuff would always be in the March madness.

By that I mean it is one of the more comprehensive and continually successful amateur methods and approaches.

It is apparent to me that most ET "players" are not going to be playing in the "pros". Most probably just watch pick up basketball on weekends at the local grammer school, in fact.

Admittedly CW is not the kind of basketball brand to play any game; but it is a ball that can be used to demonstrate how to play by a coach such as your self.

On a personal note, one of the people from Texas who flew into our Tucson meeting also took the trouble to go to your recent Florida event.

There probably isn't a way to show a lot of people how differnt good methods have come common characteristics. One of those, however is the neutral bias and continuous potential of a method to take money that is available out of the market. That is certainly one of your strong imprimaturs.

#22     Apr 23, 2006
  3. I'm not used to compliments. Thanks. It makes all the flack I take worthwhile.

#23     Apr 23, 2006
  4. Thanks for taking the trouble to raise the questions you asked.

#24     Apr 23, 2006
  5. In ET, people do things for a vaste variety of reasons.

Obviously, it was a poor idea for me to participate in this thread.

The draft handout: Channels for Building Wealth; a Background Paper for IBD MeetUp Tucson, 136 pages, dated 12 MAR 2006, published and copyrighted by Adobe Llamingos of the Saxby Foundation. is a better solution.

It is in revision and some parts are bing expanded by a factor of five.

#25     Apr 23, 2006
  6. cmaxb

cmaxb

Eh? Don't let me stop you. Just feeding from the scraps. Trying to determine how exactly (what angle) to draw the new channels on the FTT.

#26     Apr 23, 2006
  7. cnms2

cnms2

What is "Bund"?

Also, you might want to read Jack's Channels document.

#27     Apr 23, 2006
  8. cmaxb

cmaxb

German Bond future. More volume than ES. Thanks for the link.

#28     Apr 23, 2006
  9. 4XIS4U

4XIS4U

Grob, please don't stop posting - I'm following and trying to learn from it.

#29     Apr 24, 2006
  10. ========================

Thats helpful, especially the candle close;
    and in some cases, like extended ES trend , may not wait for candle close.

Occasionally do draw trendlines, look @ Trader Vic/Art Cashin trendlines occasionally .

Actually find trendlines which are automatic drawn like 50 day moving average & related much ,much more helpful, consistant:cool:

And Investors Business Daily & their institutional clients use 50 dma;
    much prefer candle charts also.
    :cool:

#30     Apr 24, 2006